Hey,

04 Silverado with a Pioneer DEH-P8600 MP3/WMA CD Player. I am running Rockford Fosgate 3 - Ways in the driver and passenger door with factory speakers in the back.

I am also running a Rockford Fosgate P1 with a California Profile 2 Channel Amp...

I need help on tuning the stereo to have the best sound for the speakers.

I do not know how to set the eq on them and what each setting does also what to set on the amp for the subwoofer ( only one sub ) BTW.

Also is it worth spending the $ to get speakers for the back.

Please assist with the tuning of my radio and my last question is would it be worth it to run the amp to the front door speakers or is that a waste?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Amp the door speakers up front.

2. Get rid of the stock rear speakers. Replace them with something bigger. I put 5.25” Infinitys in the rear, and I only had to trim the sheet metal just a bit to get them to fit. Amp them as well. Some will say that rear fill is a waste, but I like the way it sounds. I can't stand 4"x6" speakers, which is why I went with something bigger.

I have the Premier version of your cd player. There’s a lot of setting on it, I know. I set my HPF for the front speakers at 80Hz, and the rears at 100Hz. On the 13-band EQ, it’s tricky to get it how you want it to sound. I believe mine is like this.

50Hz = +1

80Hz = +1

125Hz = +1

200Hz = +2

315Hz = 0

500Hz = -1

800Hz = 0

1.25KHz = -2

2KHz = -2

3.15kHz = -3

5KHz = -2

8KHz = -3

12.5KHz = -3

Something like that. I have the time allignment (I think that’s what it’s called) set at “All Seats”.

Fader/Balance is set at 00

SLA is set at 0

BBE is off

Loudness is On

This gives me pretty good midbass and the highs are clear but not too loud. I have my tweets set at +3dB on my crossovers, so they’re a little too loud for me, which is why my higher frequencies are set pretty low on the EQ. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

If you put 5.25's in back, consider closing up some of the holes in the nearby sheetmetal so that the low frequencies are not cancelling out. If you block everything within 12-16 inches you will get decent sound, including decent bass, from your rear speakers.

• 2 months later...
Hey,

04 Silverado with a Pioneer DEH-P8600 MP3/WMA CD Player. I am running Rockford Fosgate 3 - Ways in the driver and passenger door with factory speakers in the back.

I am also running a Rockford Fosgate P1 with a California Profile 2 Channel Amp...

I need help on tuning the stereo to have the best sound for the speakers.

I do not know how to set the eq on them and what each setting does also what to set on the amp for the subwoofer ( only one sub ) BTW.

Also is it worth spending the $ to get speakers for the back.

Please assist with the tuning of my radio and my last question is would it be worth it to run the amp to the front door speakers or is that a waste?

I got an 04 also, but extended cab. Got any pics of your setup/install? I'm doing research to see what I'd like to do. Too many decisions!

Archived