Bedrug Opinion

I am looking into several types of bedliners for my unit. I looked through the heated debates on the drop in vs spray in liners until found the bedrug.

Personally I like the looks of the bedrug. I would imagine it looks great new, but I can not see it holding up well. I went to their website and ordered a free sample. What i got in the mail was a small piece of a bed portion of the bedrug. First of all it looks great just like my prior assumptions. After some testing with sharp objects and rough surfaces rubbing across it I still have my doubts about the longevity of this thing.

Any opinions?

I'd like to hear everyones opinion on this also,All I have is a bed mat,Its all I've ever used in all my trucks and it works great for me but that Bedrug looks great.

I never use my truck for any heavy hauling so that wouldn't be an issue.

I know there is one customer that comes into the dealership that has one in his 2000 Silverado,He's had the Bedrug since the truck was new and it still looks great.

If the bedrug you are refering to is the carpet type that velcros in, it is good if you have a top over your bed and don't plan on hauling anything heavy or dirty as it is a pain to clean. I had one on an older toyota and liked it in combination with the snug top. But when I took the top off and took the bedrug out, there were about 20 strips of velcro showing. So, it just all depends on what you want. :driving:

I have it in my '03 Z71, and a rubber mat in my '05 Z71.

The '03 has no top or anything and the BedRug is incredibly simple to clean with a high pressure wash. The '03 is more of a light-duty hauler with few sharp objects, no bricks, etc. Does haul 2*4s and fence posts, T-bar posts.

But, it is a JOY for camping with the padded flooring from the BedRug. The BedRug on my '03 is three years nearly 100,000 miles old. Awesome product.

Now, my '05 is another story. I wouldn't put a BedRug in it due to the fact that it has hauled bricks, sharp stuff, heavy stuff. It has even had three pigs with their flaying sharp hoofs in it---they jump trying to move about. Sometimes they paw up, looking past the wooden stake sides I made for the stake holes.

On the other hand, you city duders don't even know what I'm talking about.

In short, it depends on what you use your truck for. Heavy sharp objects---no way with a BedRug. Light duty hauling, a lawn mower, a kid or two, some 2*4s would be fine. Camping out with a BedRug is simply awesome, and cleaning is easy with a high pressure wash.

I have had a bedrug in my 01 ecsb since may 01. I haul mulch, manure, brush and various other crud. I hose it out and it still looks great. After 4 years the carpet separated from the foam , called bedrug and they replaced it no charge. I am happy with it and I would buy another.

I've had my BedRug since '01. It still looks great and has held up to whatever I've thrown on it.

Like someone else mentioned it is great for sleeping on because it is ribbed to form to the bed.

I'd recommend it to anyone!!!

I've had my Bedrug since '99. It transferred to my '02. It has held up great. I've hauled just about everything you can think of and it still looks like new. To clean, all I've done is sweep the big dirt out and pressure wash afterwards. No stains, looks new.

I just got one for my truck from truckchamp.com. They seem to have really good price on it since it was about $ 280 and shipped free. I have not installed it yet. I have been using a heavy rubbermat and plastic bedliner tailgate piece on my trucks for years, but I am planning to put a folding cover on the truck and the bedrug will work fine with it.

BTW, my local truck accessory dealer wants $ 500 for a bedrug (including installation). That seems rather steep.

Installed a Bedrug in my "05" Sierra crew cab a year ago just after I bought the new truck. I bought it online and paid right around $200 including shipping. My local Rhino dealer wanted close to $600 to do the 5'-8" box, which in my opinion is rediculous. My truck has a cab height fiberglass topper installed. The charcoal color matches the carpeted headliner of the topper. It looks great!

I have hauled all sorts of building materials, including solid concrete blocks, bags of cement, lumber, etc., straw bales, dirty garbage, and oily cans of gas and waste oil. Of all of these things, the most difficult one to clean up was the straw bales, as the stalks and stems burrow into the nap of the Bedrug. But even then, after 20 minutes with the shop-vac, it looked good as new. The rest of the stuff washed off instantly with a pressure washer.

From where I'm sitting, the spray-in liners are much less attractive, offer less dent protection (they just hide them), are very uncomfortable to kneel on, and after a few years of hard use need to be touched up or redone to keep them presentable anyway.

Like the others have said, the Bedrug is very nice for kneeling on, and its great for hauling the pets around on. Its also more non-skid than a spray-in liner.

Would I do it again? Yes, without question. I'm sure the Bedrug will last as long as I own the truck, but even if it doesn't, it could be replaced three times for the same cost of one spray-in.

Archived