Brakes Sqealing

LousCrew

Question

My 06 Sierra CC has only 4,1xx miles on it, and I noticed that the brakes squeal pretty regularly when slowing down. Sounds just like the pads are worn and have hit the "warning" plate. But, surely this isn't possible with only 4,1xx miles on it.

Is this a common occurence on these trucks?

I was planning on having the dealer check it out at the first oil change, but didn't know if I should go in sooner.

Thanks

0 answers to this question

my 05 cc started about that time. i have been told by the dealer it is normal. i took it to a different dealer who replaced the brake booster (the wheels would get grabby under 10 mph) and said some of he noise was coming from the defective booster. next oil change i will again complain about the noisy brakes.

my 05 cc started about that time.  i have been told by the dealer it is normal.  i took it to a different dealer who replaced the brake booster (the wheels would get grabby under 10 mph)  and said some of he noise was coming from the defective booster.  next oil change i will again complain about the noisy brakes.

my 05 cc started about that time.  i have been told by the dealer it is normal.  i took it to a different dealer who replaced the brake booster (the wheels would get grabby under 10 mph)  and said some of he noise was coming from the defective booster.  next oil change i will again complain about the noisy brakes.

A squealing brake booster? This is new to me. Sounds like nosense too.

Archived