New wheels for 2500HD

I have a '02 2500HD on order scheduled to arrive at the end of July.  I am excited about everything except the nice little stock wheels and tires they are putting on it.  These wheels just absolutely do not do the truck justice when it comes to size and look.  

Does anyone know of some decent aftermarket wheels for this truck?  I'm not looking for anything trick or oversized, just something functionable that are a few sizes taller and wider than the stock.  The truck is 4x4.

Also, I will have a brand new set of 2500HD wheels (chrome)  and tires (all-terrain) for sale shortly....

Thanks!

Ben

Ben, check these sites to see what's available-

www.ntwonline.com  

www.tirerack.com  

www.discounttire.com  

I like the look, (not the price) of the Welds, Mickey Thompson's and Centerline's. They make good looking rims.  Eagle Alloy, Eaton and US Wheels make comparible looking, but more affordable rims.

For tires, depends what terrain your mostly riding for tread pattern, but 285/75/16 is a little taller and wider than stock, and 255/85/16 is too.  I have 285's if you want to see how they look on.  By the way, you may find a tire dealer who'll give you trade in for your stock rims and tires, before you try to sell them.

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your new truck - start counting the days!

(Edited by DigUout at 11:32 am on July 7, 2001)

I don't recommend Weld wheels at all. Others may have had good luck but not me. I am on my second set of Weld Scorpios and the new set is starting to pit and rust just like the other set. Another thing is their offsets are different. If I was to buy wheels, I would get chrome or silver (Not polished) American Racing rims. Their offset sits out just about right and they look great. Also get the wheel/tire combo from a local dealer, just in case their are any problems. It is a real pain sending things back and forth over the phone.

I ordered my wheels and tires from 4wheelparts.com. I sent one set back and after a few long weeks they finally sent me the correct ones. Now I am having trouble with the second set. I clean and polish them often. I have taken pictures and sent to them, and have heard nothing for months. Sorry to ramble, but I never had problems with AR's or a local dealer.

Hope this helps

Ben,

Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to hearing more about the new truck and seeing pics. I have had good luck with American Racing rims in the past. I had a set on one truck for 4 years befor I traded it and they still looked good.

when you get new tires make sure they have a "E" rating or better. The stock tires are made to handle heavy loads. Look at the upgrade tires for the 2500 and go from there...........................be safe and look cool......................but by all means be safe...........tires are something you dont guess at...............

Archived