My new Av...

murphyrulez

Good looking truck, murph.  And not too shabby a photo at night either--I'm surprised you didn't get a big overexposed flash spot somewhere in the middle.  Did you use a flash?

Anyway, looks good; I always like to see another Avalanche.

-Brendan

Thanks!  I took the picture with my Sony DSC-F505 digital camera, it is a very nice camera, 2.1 megapixels, I have the flash set to the low setting and it takes great pictures!

Yes, this is the picture from Oct 22, delivery night. Would have been delivery day, but we had trouble getting the title for my Honda trade in from the bank, we spent about 6 hours at the dealer. They said they mailed it to us, and we never got it, so at the dealer we had to call them, then fax this and they faxed us that and so on... But the end result was very nice!

It's a Z66, running boards the only option other than the on-road package. My wife would never make it without the running boards! We got it for about 2000 less than MSRP, plus a very generous deal on our Passport trade-in. :thumbs:

It's like day and night compared to the Honda. I love it, my wife loves it even more.

Paul

Right on, murph...  I have a Canon Powershot G1 that I used to take the picture of our Blue Av (see other thread "Not enough Avs..").  The G1 is a 3mp camera, and does quite well also, but overkill for posting on web forums like this.  You can see the original pic at

http://www.kudzuforest.com/avalanche/IMG_1710_full.jpg

and a scaled-back 1024x768 version at

http://www.kudzuforest.com/avalanche/IMG_1710_med.jpg

The one I posted in the forum a couple days ago was really scaled down and I chopped off much of the unneeded house and neighbor's roof.  Looking at my original again shows that I think I moved a little while taking the picture--you can see some fuzziness along the bed cover, top box, and rear support area.  It was early the morning after we bought it @ 7:15am, and cloudy here in Oregon, so it shot at 1/20s or something.  I'll have to take some more pics this weekend when I get a chance.

The G1's flash is sometimes kind of weak, and I don't think I have any control over how "flashy" it is, but I try not take many pictures at night!  Now I'm curious, though, to start my own series: "Avalanche at Night"!

Great to hear you have high SAF (spouse-approval factor)! ;)  That's always a benefit!  It was mine who said, "Aw heck, let's go for the full leather, 8-way seats..."  (I think she got pulled in by the fact that they're heated...)

Nonetheless, we both have great trucks!

Brendan

Archived