Gmpartsdirect.com

hodo78

I recently placed a order with GMPD. Reading this board, everyone had there own opinion about them. I saw bad and good experiences.

So I thought I would add mine.

I ordered $800.00 worth of merchandise from them, they stated that everything I ordered would have to be special ordered and could take a few more than the stated 7-10 days average delivery time.

So I said the heck with it and ordered it because I couldnt find better prices, even with the shipping.

I ended up getting all my merchandise in under 10 days in perfect condition.

So I give them a solid "9" in my book.

The only reason I don't give them a "10" is that I think they should have some sort of phone support which they do not. The only way to reach them is email, and it did take them 3 days to get back to me when I emailed a question regarding some parts I was interested in.

Like I stated earlier, it did take them 3 days to get back to me on the email i sent. So I guess that was definitly a negative. I am big on customer service and 72 ours to answer a simple shipping question is way to long IMO.

But again, they did answer.

Like I stated earlier, it did take them 3 days to get back to me on the email i sent. So I guess that was definitly a negative. I am big on customer service and 72 ours to answer a simple shipping question is way to long IMO.

At least you did get an answer.

Call me crazy but I would think that if you were a company selling parts over the net and only had email support... you might want to answer the emails you get! Seems like a pretty simple solution to me. I actually had an order in the shopping cart, waiting for a clarification on an item. I never heard back from them so I sent the question again. Still no answer.

Their site is nicely done. Pretty easy to navigate. Prices are not bad. Sounds like you got your parts as promised. A little more email support and they would probably pick up a lot more sales.

Hopefully they have somebody scouting this forum to see the feedback. If so maybe they can teach that guy to answer their emails! :thumbs:

At least you did get an answer.

Call me crazy but I would think that if you were a company selling parts over the net and only had email support... you might want to answer the emails you get! Seems like a pretty simple solution to me. I actually had an order in the shopping cart, waiting for a clarification on an item. I never heard back from them so I sent the question again. Still no answer.

Their site is nicely done. Pretty easy to navigate. Prices are not bad. Sounds like you got your parts as promised. A little more email support and they would probably pick up a lot more sales.

Hopefully they have somebody scouting this forum to see the feedback. If so maybe they can teach that guy to answer their emails! :wtf:

Agreed!

• 2 months later...
Has anyone ordered from gmpartscheaper.com?Their site is like gmpartsdirect.com but everything I priced through them is cheaper.I priced the br. aluminum pieces to replace my woodgrain.

No, but I had great luck through gmaccessoriesstore.com

yea i like them a lot. quality parts cheaper than most places. i do agree customer service is hit or miss. i email them a few times before and emails are usually repsonded to in about 2-3 biz days. if you dont supply a VIN, they pretty much wont get back to you. almost like its too much work. altho once they did email me back and ask for the VIN.

I was a Gmpartsdirect.com shopper untill I got turned on to Gmpartshouse.com. I ask a question and the same day I get an answer via email or if I call I talk to the same guy Gene who runs the company. Quicker shipping and a little better on the prices than Gmpartsdirect.com. Just my $.02

That is nuts, customer service is very important to our clients! Hell we have a live voice on Sat and Sun.

I agree with the Duck! ANYBODY can sell you a part. It's the service that separates the good from the bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not really impressed with the customer support. Usually takes 3-5 days to get email response. They cancelled my special order for parts on 2-25 and I've never received a credit or refund for my paypal. I've sent 2 emails to customer support asking when I should expect my refund and I can't get an answer. I'll not shop there anymore. I hate to be ignored.

• 2 weeks later...

I've emaild gmpartsdirect 3 times now inquiring about a part and still no response. All I get is the automated response immediately after I send the email, "blah blah, we have your email and will get back to as soon as possible, blah". And NO phone number whatsoever to contact them??? WTF? I think these reasons are enough to convince me not to deal with them. Customer service should be your number one priority, to them it obviously isnt. I'm not gonna deal with them, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else buy from them either, its a big gamble.

• 1 year later...

I just recieved my order from them. just the chrome mirror caps. I ordered on a sunday and my order shipped on the 10th business day, which the site says it may take 7-10 days to ship. I had a good experience and would purchase from them again. I did not however make any attempt to contact them so I cannot comment on customer service.

Archived