2007 Yukon Sle Yellow Ticket, Has This Happened To Anyone Else?

viseonepro

I bought a 2007 Yukon SLE June of 2006 and in August of 2007, I experienced one of the most scariest things that could happen. I entered the freeway at about 45 MPH and floored the gas pedal to get up to speed with oncoming traffic. Once I had reached the far left lane of the freeway, My truck accelerated on its own going from 65-70MPH to 85-90MPH.

Stepping on the brake didnt work, and when i did, It got me to a safe speed, but the rear wheels kept accelerating. Luckily, I exited safely with the truck in neutral and w/the help of some good samaratans to help me push my truck.

Thus, being a sunday, All shops were closed. The onstar call was helpful, but you're better off just calling a tow truck company yourself. There was a smell of burnt tire underneath the truck

The following monday, I contacted the dealership where my truck was towed. They had told me that there was a recall, or yellow ticket on the trucks computer system. Funny thing was that I had went in for service 3 days prior and GM Corporate told me that between the day after I got service and the day of my incident was when they issued a "yellow ticket" on my truck.

As traumatizing as this incident was, (could of been a lot worse) I called GMC to complain, even wrote to the Better Business Bureau that I wasnt notified about this such recall/yellow ticket. After 2 weeks of disputing, They came to a resolution in offering me an extension on my smartcare service(oil change/tire rotation)

Just wanted to know if this has ever happened to anyone else? The dealership reprogrammed the trucks computer and it didnt have any problems since. If this had happen to you, what did you do and how can we get GM to check the computers of their new bodystyle of trucks?

Archived