Which Tires To Get For A Trailblazer?

My dad is looking to get another trailblazer and the past couple winters he has not had good luck with the factory tires on his last couple trailblazers... With this new one , the dealer is willing to make him a deal where he works to switch out the stock tires w/ something more aggressive. Since i have had great luck w/ BFG TA KO's in the past, i would like for him to also get those on that truck... The truck he is looking to get has 245 65/R17 on it.... when searching on any tire site, i only see 245 75/R17 as an option.... In your experience , would you see these fitting on the truck even tho they are a touch wider?

If not , some other tires i am considering for him are Bridgestone dueler A/T REVO

or the GoodYear wrangler Silent armor

Im really banking on the BFG, but not sure if that extra width will hurt it / rub...

bfg...

bfg_allterrain_ko_ci2_l.jpg

Bridgstone....

bs_dueler_at_revo_wl_ci2_l.jpg

Goodyear...

wrangler_silentarmor_owl_ci2_l.jpg

what size is he running and does he have any rubbing???? did he have to make any mods to fit them? being that its going on my dads new truck, he isnt willing to made mods to fit tires, he jsut wants something that is very aggressive that will fit w/ no rubbing

My buddy is running these on his Trailblazer....there pretty badass he takes his to the beach all the time and hasnt got stuck. These tires are a little pricy tho..........

nitto.jpg

Terra Grapplers are a LOT cheaper than BFG's or Revos by quite a margin. I've had all three.

I agree with you on the sand thing though. I've had a couple of sets of Nittos, and I've never seen their equal in the sand (at least in an A/T tire anyway).

My dad is looking to get another trailblazer and the past couple winters he has not had good luck with the factory tires on his last couple trailblazers... With this new one , the dealer is willing to make him a deal where he works to switch out the stock tires w/ something more aggressive.

:D

lol :thumbs:

living in buffalo ny, i have seen some bad winters, and from every truck that i have owned / and friends have owned, if the truck / suv didnt have a meaty AT tire, you were bound to get stuck more compared to having a tire with a decent lug / tread.... sorry if i came across rude quoting myself but wasnt sure if u saw we are looking for a AT style tire. thanx for the help tho .

When I lived in Colorado, the best snow and ice tires I had by a long shot were some Big-O tires. They had two grooves (kinda like aquatreads) in them and looked like street tires. They were called A/T's though. Stuck 10 times better than my BFG's on my K1500 blazer, and they still had great tread on them after 65,000 miles.

it looks like he is going to go with the GoodYear wrangler Silent armor... Thats pending on if the dealer dosent back out on there word of switching them... at first they said no prob, they could sell em to someone else... now there changing there tune right at the end of the sale. typical stealership bs

Pretty sad to since my dad works there

• 4 weeks later...

My dad ended up getting the stock size (245 65/R17) in the Goodyear silent armor's.... and they are absolutely awesome! No road hum, awesome grip, great rain traction. And they look tuff!

To answer the question, any bigger (245 75/R17) would almost for certain rub at full turn. Plus besides it all the dealer told him if he put on a larger tire size than what was factory , and something happened w/in warranty period, it could be questionable if coverend being the tires are bigger than stock recommended. so he got the extended warranty and did want to risk anything. but he stil made a good choice cause these tires are awesome.

heres some pics

P8230712.jpg

P8230713.jpg

P8230714.jpg

P8230715.jpg

P8230717.jpg

P8230718.jpg

P8230719.jpg

Archived