Is The Dash On Your GM Truck Cracked? New Lawsuit Launched

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-09110500-1441821326_thumb.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
9/9/2015

A newly filed lawsuit in Wisconsin says that GM knew it had a problem with cracking dashboards. ABC News has reported that the suit alleges GM tried to find a cause other than its manufacturing and materials to blame the problem on. GM is also not covering the repairs of trucks out of warranty since this is not a safety hazard. However, there are reports that GM dealerships are offering to pay half of the cost of repairs. We do not have that from GM directly.

The below video shows the scope of the problem. Apparently, the Tahoe is the most affected model. Have you seen similar issues?

• Like 2

Hard to say it's not a safety issue. My cracks are all around my airbag in the dash. If they weren't honest that it was their fault, why would they be honest about this. I'd hate to find out it was safety related once someone's airbag deploys along with their dash...

• Like 2

My 2007 VMAX(whick I bought brand new in 2007) had cracks on it above the glove box by the air bag which started cracking at right about 70k ...I just sold it and bought a 2013 LTZ so hopefully this one doesnt crack!!!! :-)

My 2007 VMAX(whick I bought brand new in 2007) had cracks on it above the glove box by the air bag which started cracking at right about 70k ...I just sold it and bought a 2013 LTZ so hopefully this one doesnt crack!!!! :-)

See the forum below, this problem has effected 1000's of trucks. Mine cracked 3 years after it was purchased new, with 75,000 miles. Some people have gotten their dealership to replace it, if they happen to have a good relationship with the service dept. and even the replacement dashes have cracked. It's a design flaw and should not be ignored my GM.

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2007-tahoe-ltz-dash-has-cracked-26133/page130/

• Like 1

Correct me if I am mistaken... The dash cracking is only a problem on the "Higher End" LTZ SLT Dash that is shared with the Trucks and SUV's. The base SLE LS Dash that was only available in trucks did not have this problem.

My 2008 GMC Sierra as well as my brother in law's 2011 both have cracked in the upper left corner of the airbag. His was cracked at 32,000 miles and mine just under 175,000. Dealer wouldn't fix his when under warranty. This has NOTHING to do with LTZ, etc. Both of our trucks are SLE's. Mine didn't actually crack until I started parking it in the sun beginning this past summer while at work. It's been garage kept since new.

Edited by Rufusmagoo
  • Like 1