pulling power of GAS 6.0 2500hd --- not impressed

Agree with crankman try the air filter FRAM has the best ones for the 6.0 2500hd

Is that based on ISO 5011 testing or just a feeling? From this testing, it would seem that AC Delco is just about the best overall choice on many levels. Fram wasn't included in the testing, but I seriously doubt it would exceed AC Delco results.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

Edited by Cowpie

Is that based on ISO 5011 testing or just a feeling? From this testing, it would seem that AC Delco is just about the best overall choice on many levels. Fram wasn't included in the testing, but I seriously doubt it would exceed AC Delco results.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

Agreed, AcDelco or Wix for me.

• Like 1

We should all know that a dirty air filter/less functional will result in a loss of power ( along with many other "things" ). The AC Delco seems to give a good balance of designed power along with fuel mileage. Case in point ... about a month ago, I replaced my AC Delco filter with a Fram filter. That weekend, I pulled my RV about 140 miles on an Interstate that I have traveled before with the same rig. I lost 1 mpg ... now, I know that different day temps/humidity/wind/traffic/etc will affect mpg but I found it interesting after changing back to a AC Delco that my mileage came back to where it was with the same rig.

I just use the stock AC Delco, but I also install a Filter Minder gauge on my vehicles to record vacuum at the box. When the gauge moves, then time to replace the filter. My 2015 2500 6.0 has the same air filter it came with from the factory. And still getting the same average mpg as it has since day one.

• 3 weeks later...

Before buying a used 15 sierra HD diesel I was pulling 9k plus with a 2014 1500 Silverado 5.3l and all I can say is it wanted more from my foot. It pulled like a champ. Yes I felt it behind me but w8th the trailer brake I felt safe. 100k plus before the trade.

I bought the 2014 when I traded another 2011 and pulled the trailer w new one right out of dealer lot.

Don't be afraid to use the truck as it should.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same truck as you (OP), with the WT package, and I routinely haul cars up to 4,000lbs plus trailer weight (so roughly 4,000 to 6,000lbs total). I have 22,000 miles on it in only a year and have zero complaints. BUT I will say that I hear what you're saying but it's only because you have so few miles. When the truck truly breaks in, it will get better. I remember mine doing the same thing until it got past the first oil change. Give it some time

Edited by BoldTransport1

3.73 is still available on the 2500HD trucks in 2017 with the 6 liters... I own one lol. It's just not the standard gear anymore and not usually a lot truck.. Like how 4.10 used to be. It won't make the drastic difference the guy complains about anyhow... Probably just got a dud or it has a binch of blow by and was made a dud from the start lol.

3.73 is still available on the 2500HD trucks in 2017 with the 6 liters... I own one lol. It's just not the standard gear anymore and not usually a lot truck.. Like how 4.10 used to be. It won't make the drastic difference the guy complains about anyhow... Probably just got a dud or it has a binch of blow by and was made a dud from the start lol.

Blows my mind that someone would pay more money for worse gearing, I am sure you bought it off the lot and didn't order it that way though.