pulling power of GAS 6.0 2500hd --- not impressed

I traded in my 14 F-250 6.7 on my new 2500 HD 6.0, and I have to say I'm pleasingly surprised at how well my gasser pulls. Now it's no comparison to the diesel, but it dose what I need very good. I pull a 32' 9000k 5th wheel, a 20' boat trailer and a 12' tandem dump trailer. It's works great for me and I defiantly enjoy the lower maintenance cost.

• Like 2

Trx680 I would suggest as the guys mention run a fresh tank of fuel thru her. Then if still sluggish run it by your dealer have then scan for any codes and get a look over. Its still very new surely they will assist.That truck would easily pull that trailer loaded or not. I regularly pull a 2000lb 20ft car hauler loaded and empty cant even feel it unloaded at all. You got something going on so start with the basics Fuel, check air filter for possible obstruction you never know what can happen.

I think it is the torque management and/or the drive by wire programming. Does it seem slow when you shift manually and put your foot to the floor, letting it rev to the limit? If not, then the engine has the power you want and you need to figure out why it isn't giving it to you when you want it. Could be something a tune would solve.

Our trailer weighs 10,8k dry. She runs all day long with plenty of speed. Will even hold the cruise control up Hill. d30921127db1ab7b273dff64cc0368fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

What kind of grade and length hills do you see with that trailer?

• Like 1

What kind of grade and length hills do you see with that trailer?

One of the worst was highway 17 into Santa Cruz. I am not saying it does not feel it on the long steep ones but it is always good for it. Even had to start in the of a long one after having to pull over for a wicked leg cramp. It does light up the manifolds and first 3 feet of pipe like orange neon under glow.

I think it is the torque management and/or the drive by wire programming. Does it seem slow when you shift manually and put your foot to the floor, letting it rev to the limit? If not, then the engine has the power you want and you need to figure out why it isn't giving it to you when you want it. Could be something a tune would solve.

Lets back up a bit how does she drive in town and cruising on the highway Empty? Edited by crankman

One of the worst was highway 17 into Santa Cruz. I am not saying it does not feel it on the long steep ones but it is always good for it. Even had to start in the of a long one after having to pull over for a wicked leg cramp. It does light up the manifolds and first 3 feet of pipe like orange neon under glow.

I know the 6.0 is good. Just upgraded from an 01 to the 16. But with my setup Going up an 8% grade in the old truck id be basically in 1st gear do the the 4l80E doing about 4500rpm. at 70Kmh. Havnt made that pull yet with the new truck and 6spd. But hoping i can at least pull 80kph to 100kph in 2ond or 3rd.

• 1 month later...

Drag a 24ft 5er. My GMC made the pull effortlessly. The Silverado? What trailer. Your towing a landscape cage not even half the weight of my trailer. Maybe push the trailer button on the end of the shift lever are go manual. Otherwise your truck has issues.

It was mentioned about the gear ratio. Even 3.73 is a big jump from 4.10.

The take off power would definitely be noticeable.

Check the mfg code numbers. If i recall correctly, GT4 would be 3.73, GT5 would be 4.10. Dealer could decide it for you also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

By now, the standard gearing for a 6.0l is 4.10 and 3.73 is only available via special order in the chassis cab. I want to remember that happened in 2013, it was shortly after I bought my 2012, which has 3.73s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

By now, the standard gearing for a 6.0l is 4.10 and 3.73 is only available via special order in the chassis cab. I want to remember that happened in 2013, it was shortly after I bought my 2012, which has 3.73s.

Mines 4.10. That trailer he is hauling is thing for a 6.0.

I pull our travel trailer (34' 8000 lbs +/-) and notice it sometimes. I've borrowed an Aluma trailer with upright ramp and smaller enclosed trailer and for whatever reason I could really feel them back there. Who knows, weird aerodynamics or whatever. My pickups (duramax or 6.0) didn't have any issues pulling but I could just tell there was something back there. It's not always about the weight.

3.73 was dropped for gas after 2014 for 2500hd, 3500hd and chassis cabs. It was either 2013 or 2014 where they reversed the standard gearing and made the 4.10 standard and the 3.73 optional. from 2007 to that point, the 3.73 was standard with the 4.10 optional.

3.73 was dropped for gas after 2014 for 2500hd, 3500hd and chassis cabs. It was either 2013 or 2014 where they reversed the standard gearing and made the 4.10 standard and the 3.73 optional. from 2007 to that point, the 3.73 was standard with the 4.10 optional.

I just read of someone buying fleet chassis cabs with 3.73s, and relatively recently?

I just read of someone buying fleet chassis cabs with 3.73s, and relatively recently?

They were for 2015-2016 but 2017 and 2018 they dropped the 3.73 availability for gas engines. Its locked to 4.10 gas and 3.73 diesel like the pickups. This is for 3500 chassis cabs.