Rap How-to On Nbs (keyed Accessory Power)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I just ordered the GM plug from gmpartsdirect. Just so I am getting this right, i stick that in the location you gave and wire it up to a relay right. I am planning on wiring that relay from the battery, and then to an accessory fuse block that I installed for my stuff (tv's, etc). Is this right?

The feed to the block is already fused. There is no need to draw directly from the battery unless you are drawing more than 30 amps.

I will be drawing 30 amps exactly. I'm not all that electrically savvy... So the power will just come from my connector in to the relay?

• 2 weeks later...
That's the right one. Pop the red clip out and use a really tiny screw driver to disengage the tap that holds in the pin/blue wire. Now insert the pins as shown above except don't cover them with shrink wrap and reinsert the red clip.

Gotcha, it is all making sense now, when it came with one wire I had a shit-fit thinking I ordered the wrong one.

So from what I have read so far, I am going to do up

-Blue wire from the relay harness pigtail jobby in to pin 5 for 30 amps (since I need 30 amps)

-Black wire from relay pigtail to Pin 1 (where the blue wire is currently located)

-White wire from relay pigtail to Pin 8 for RAP FEED

-The Red wire is removed and not used

-Yellow wire feeds my accessory fuse block, which feeds out to al my junk

• 2 weeks later...

I think the "nbs" part of the title should be renamed to GMT900 or 07-11 to avoid confusion with the 800 trucks that were once the "new body" style. I have figured out the connector part # and pinout of the 800 trucks and plan to make a write-up like this one. I almost ordered the wrong part number for my truck because the post doesnt list the years, only the vague "nbs."