Ignition Wires And Plugs

your smoking crack, i know people still running the ac delco plugs and wires at 200k with zero problems....i used mine til 100k and they worked fine until i replaced them with the same exact ones...the factory ones give great performance, the only reason they woulden't would be that they are worn out, i'm not sure what you did to toast them at 70k but thats madness

the misfires and black smoke must be caused my severe crack addiction thank you for the help! i drove my truck thats how i roasted the plugs moron.

aren't we a bit touchy, if its missing and blowing smoke at 70k theres other problems fouling the plugs..i second the ac delco platinums or iridiums both are excelent, just remeber ac delco was making plugs long before other companys were even cutting their teeth

• 3 weeks later...

Switch brands...... If you want. I have changed my fair share of spark plugs..... Plugs in LS-1's should be ACDelco 41-110 or NGK TR55IX (as some of you have probably found screwed in your truck to start with I did on my 2500).... Iridium's ONLY....

Ford plug shooters should get champion 7989's as it is a one piece plug and the OE's are a 2 piece another dumb IDEA guys at Ford came up with.

If your truck is dead stock.... and it killed a set of plugs at 70k..... Do you idle much? Tow? Burning any oil? Possibly had the intake and upper cylinders cleaned lately? My 2500 with a 6.0l had 178k miles before I changed the plugs.......... They were WORE OUT...... But I changed them a week after I started having a miss, as I was not going to do it before it started. Picked the mpg's up a couple by the way....

Plug wires..... AC Delco or NAPA Belden wires... Lifetime warranty....... Nuff said.... Take the Ohms law on them..... THEY AREN'T a foot long. Just don't melt a wire that is the only thing that is not covered...

Belden 700-399 is for Delphi coils. (round body coils)

Belden 700-989 is for Mitsubishi coils. (square body coils)

Jbo

GM SPENDS A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY, depicting the best plug to use in their applications.... AC Delco no longer makes plugs they are boxing label for spark plugs at least on platinum and iridium... That is why you will find other part numbers on some GM plugs... i.e. the AC Delco plugs with NGK part numbers.....

post-41100-1271735047_thumb.jpg

post-41100-1271735055_thumb.jpg

the misfires and black smoke must be caused my severe crack addiction thank you for the help! i drove my truck thats how i roasted the plugs moron.

sounds more like a fueling issue. well change your plugs/wires and see what happens..you might find that you have leaking injector(s)

BTW..i roasted the plugs moron statement won't get you much help so.. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

sounds more like a fueling issue. well change your plugs/wires and see what happens..you might find that you have leaking injector(s)

BTW..i roasted the plugs moron statement won't get you much help so.. :cool:

I have to agree with the last post name calling doesn't seem appropriate here. I have used taylor spiro pros and thundervolts and i now have a set of taylor 409 on my truck. i didn't have to put 409's on but i misordered them so now i got really big wires on my truck. at less than a foot any shielded plug wire will be fine. Delco platinums is an excellent choice, pricy bu, you get what you pay for.

• 1 month later...

don't learn the hard way like i did

'98 GMC 1500 350cid 123,000 miles on truck

i had a miss that would come and go i fought with it

fuel injector cleaner, the miss came back

cleaned map senser, the miss came back

replaced the plugs, the miss came back

money tight had hours cut at work so i avoided buying plug wires

finally replaced the wires, it ran great that night during trip to get pizza 5 miles round trip

next morning the truck ran real bad ( it made me sick driving to work that morning )

#7 cylinder header tube is cold when it is running

drove it that week for four days that way, Sat. morning started to pull head

the exhaust valve had gummed up during all this result the valve had stuck open and punched the piston, damage - bent valve, .060 deep cresant shaped dent in piston, bent both push rods on cyl#7

had the head rebuilt, replaced both lifters & push rods, gasket sets, sanded sharp edges off of the piston, I did all the work myself

thank goodness i know some people it all cost me about $300

all this in less than a five week time frame

lesson learned Pay now or Pay more later

bite the bullet and buy the Delco plugs and wires it will be worth it

PETE

Archived