Metric Thread Size For Caliper Bracket 03 Silverado

Change pads on rotors on my 03 Silverado over the weekend. I need a new caliper bracket bolt because I screwed one of them up badly. Went to chevy dealer here and they didnt have any in stock. He wrote down the thread size on a piece of paper but I lost the thing. Is any one able to tell me what size it is? I believe it was something like m1.5 but Im not sure. The part number for this bolt according to the guy is 25846368. That number replaced an original number of the bolt and the only reason I have this number is because I put it in my phone. (Should have done the with thread type). Any help would be appreciated.

Change pads on rotors on my 03 Silverado over the weekend. I need a new caliper bracket bolt because I screwed one of them up badly. Went to chevy dealer here and they didnt have any in stock. He wrote down the thread size on a piece of paper but I lost the thing. Is any one able to tell me what size it is? I believe it was something like m1.5 but Im not sure. The part number for this bolt according to the guy is 25846368. That number replaced an original number of the bolt and the only reason I have this number is because I put it in my phone. (Should have done the with thread type). Any help would be appreciated.

First, welcome to the site. Second, since you can't drive the truck anyway, take a bolt from the caliper with you to the hardware store and measure it up for a replacement. Third, put the correct one on order from the dealer so that you can swap in the correct bolt for safety's sake. Fourth, go to the flippin' junkyard and get one for free!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up on this real quick. Part number listed above given to me by dealer was actually for caliper bolt that holds caliper on. :thumbs: The thread size for the bracket bolt is m14 x2.0x40mm. I ended up making the bolt out of some special steel we had at work and the bolts matched on the rockwell scale at work. Actualy the bolt i made was slightly harder than 10.9 bolt.

Archived