Advent Oem-style Navigation Installed!

Yah, I think you are just going to have to live with the volume between mute and 1. Do you have stock speakers?

Oh, check out the loudness setting as well. You can get to it by pressing the AUDIO button or maybe the Equalizer button on the top right of the touch screen. I Remember there is a setting under one of those (I think Audio) labeled "LOUDNESS" or "LOUD". You could try that and if it is already on Loud, then switch it to the other setting...I played with it but couldn't detect much of a difference.

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/esox07/Silverado/loud_zpsa7c5d6a5.jpg

Oh, and did you get that Demo Mode set on your unit yet....if not, reread my last post.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked out the demo mode just on Walt's site, haven't switched it over yet. I do have stock speakers and I did try switching the loudness back and forth and I also really tell too much of a difference so your right I'll have to live with it, no biggy, haha. Need to go somewhere far that I haven't been before so I can check out the NAV.

Maybe this video will sound better

and this one with VAN HALEN =-)

I did these video's with my Ipad so the sound probably isn't great. It's waaaaaaaaay louder in the truck.....I'm 40 and can hear like a bat, haha. Seriously though I have really good hearing and have always worn hearing protection for anything I do that involves loud noise, work, mowing, shooting guns, etc so it's probably just me, no biggy because the OGM1 is a pretty slick system. Funny thing is my hearing isn't so good when my wife is B!#$h-n, lol.

Are you SURE this truck doesn't have an amp? I know that's a weird question because it's an LT truck and I've never seen one in an LT truck myself, but it sounds like you're getting almost full volume at 25 or so, where in a normal non-amplified truck, you should be able to go to 50-60. Are your turn signals and chimes loud?

Just try this: Hit Setup-Info-"th" in the word "Bluetooth" and choose "factory amp-ON". Back out of that menu and turn the truck off for 15 seconds or so, then power it back on. If there's no factory amp, nothing will change. If there is, you will get greatly reduced output.

Yep that did it! I can't believe that my SLE1 Sierra has an amp. The chimes sounded the same as stock so I didn't notice those but as soon as I switched the amp to 'on' the chimes got quieter and the 'boot up on' volume was much quieter and better! Does that mean there is a sub as well and would I need to adjust the screen sub 'on'/'off', sub filter and sub level? Thanks Walt for your customer service and knowledge!

Dave

Yep that did it! I can't believe that my SLE1 Sierra has an amp. The chimes sounded the same as stock so I didn't notice those but as soon as I switched the amp to 'on' the chimes got quieter and the 'boot up on' volume was much quieter and better! Does that mean there is a sub as well and would I need to adjust the screen sub 'on'/'off', sub filter and sub level? Thanks Walt for your customer service and knowledge!

Dave

Good to know that even the LT style dash trucks can have an amp. Here's a question though: do you have the factory center console or bench seats?

The only way the subwoofer adjustments come into play is if you have added an aftermarket sub amp. There is no function if you are using deck power or the factory Bose amp.

I have the bench seat with the middle seat being the 'jump seat' that folds down for cup holders and storage, also no aftermarket sub amp. It looks like were good to go :driving:

I wonder where the factory amp is with that dash?

Glad you told me how to fix this, it's so much better! Thanks Walt.

• 3 months later...

Good to know that even the LT style dash trucks can have an amp. Here's a question though: do you have the factory center console or bench seats?

The only way the subwoofer adjustments come into play is if you have added an aftermarket sub amp. There is no function if you are using deck power or the factory Bose amp.

HI Walter,

I have a question that I'm hoping you might be able to help me with. How can I set/adjust the splash screen? I'm trying to it to default to a basic GMC logo and I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Walt, can this be true...???

Mike

Unfortunately, it is. We are expecting some of the remanufactured units when they're released later this month, but since GM no longer makes any vehicles that take that style radio, Advent quit producing them...

• 4 months later...

I'll make it even easier - when you wire your camera, wire it to ignition or accessory power (available at the left I/P junction block - under the black cover to the left of the brake pedal - see below), then when the deck sees reverse through the LAN, it switches automatically to reverse input where the camera is already on and the video is nice and stable. You can try wiring it to the reverse light circuit (also shown below), but since the Advent triggers so quickly, we've found that most cameras aren't stabilized yet and you get some video nastiness for a second or so before it cleans up)

Keep in mind that there is no output power at the radio harness other than constant 12v (yellow wire on Advent harness) - the reverse wire in that harness is an non-functional INPUT wire that used to be used to get the reverse trigger (it was there before they changed it to LAN sensing and they just never removed it), and the ACC wire is only for firing the unit up on the bench - there's no ACC wire at the radio hole at all.

junction_block_left_IP_ACC_IGN_REV_GRND.

do you have left I/P junction block detail(pin assignments) for yukon xl denali 2005? thanks

Archived