2011 Silverado - Tire Fitment ? fellas.... HELP

teej750

I just bought a 2011 Silverado LTZ. I have a 2.5" leveling kit that im going to install and needed to know what tires to fit. I mainly had a question bc one of the tires i like is a little over 33". The 305/55R20 measures overall 33.20" and the section width is 12.00" which is what had me concerned. Im guessing theyll probably fit, but id really rather not do any cutting.

If this wont fit i may go with an 275/70R18 instead of the 20 all together. i may like the extra sidewall anyawys.

What are your guys thoughts that have debated back and forth between 20" vs 18" on a truck with only a 2.5" lift. Obviously if i was going any bigger i wouldnt have to worry about the tire size. But im kinda tore between 18's and 20's.

Thanks in advance.

305/55's won't fit but a 305/50 will. Thats what I'm running :thumbs: Personally I like the 20's.

And congrats on the new truck and Welcome :thumbs:

Thanks man, and very nice truck by the way. My wife just bought an Acura TL AWD and we chose Metallic Griggio, same color as your truck. And i couldnt have two identical color vehicles in driveway, LOL or i would have the same color.

so the tire calculator says the 305/50r20 is 32" in diameter but the Chevy dealer and the lift manufacturer state that a 33" will fit on the truck. id like to get as big as possible. are u sure the 305/55r20 wont fit??

Nope, the 305/55's won't fit with just a leveling kit....unless you want to cut the heck out of your fenders. I know they are a 33" tire, but the width kills its chances of clearing. When the kit makers site says 33", they mean something like a 275 or 285 tire (although they usually don't specify)....one that's 33" tall, but not very wide. From what I've heard, you need a 4" lift to run the 305/55's or a 33x12.50...which are about the same. Although they're 32" tall, the 305/50's look really good on these trucks.

i had other members tell me that with a 2.5" level a 275/70r18 was the biggest that i could get on there without any cutting. i just dont wanna buy anything and pay for shipping then find out it wont fit.

Archived