Service Trailer Brake System?

Service trailer brake system come on my Vehicle Information Center an im not sure why, I accidentally grounded a hot wire under the dash when i was hooking up my work lights on my rack. I have checked the fuse under the hood and disconnected the battery for 15 minutes an it still comes on. If you squeeze the blades the input comes up on the dash its on a 2011 Sierra 1500 with integrated TBCS. Id rather not deal with the hassle of going to the dealer and having them fix it but i will if i have to Thanks

stab in the dark here:

check ALL fuses related to not only the electronic trailer brake system but also those for the trailer - there are several under the hood in the fuse panel. Sounds like something is shorted out, if you grounded a wire that was hot then you either blew a fuse or screwed something up in the computer.

• 5 weeks later...

Hope you will not have any more issues. We have a 2008 GMC 3500 with IBC. We have had nothing but problems with this integrated brake controller. We have had failure 3 times, the DIC will show "Service Trailer Brakes" when there is an issue, when you have this warning, YOU WILL NOT have power to the Trailer Brakes. The first time this happened, we had to drive home without Trailer Brakes, happened while in route, not safe!! We have had this to the dealership for this, they did fix it ( replaced the relay) and told us this was common. We now have had this warning again on the DIC and again we have no Trailer Brakes. Truck is no longer under warranty!!! We are going to install an aftermarket P3, waiting for it to arrive.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...