LCM testing - HELP!!!!

Hello everyone, I'm pallentx and I have an '03 Silverado 1500. I've got an issue that's "sort of" been covered, but I'm looking for a more specific answer. My left turn signal works sporadically. Right turn signal is fine. I've checked the fuses and they checkout just fine. From doing other research, I'm hearing it COULD be the LCM (which I HAVE located and been able to remove) or the multi-function switch (which I haven't tried yet because I will look at that as a last resort. My problem with the LCM is that I don't know how to test it or have it tested. I went to a NAPA auto parts and the two guys there had no idea how to test it. They understood my hesitance to buy a new one as they're a bit expensive to purchase and then that not be the problem. I've searched and searched the Inet for something to help test these 10-lead relays but I'm only seeing things for testing 4-lead relays. I can't find any wiring diagrams to see which leads i'm supposed to jumper, etc. Can someone please help me ASAP? The truck is due for inspection and I want to get this fixed. Your help will be greatly appreciated. thanks, pallentx

WTF is an LCM ????

ive never heard that ever !!!

gm tech here

light control module

LCMs I've seen are priced at 17.50 plus shipping. < $25 dollars

LCM site search

Perhaps you can find another truck to swap for testing

Archived