• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to have to decline to list my inventory because I want to keep them...LOL

I learned a long time ago that if you value your possesions you do not go around telling strangers about them.

I'm not too concerned. If I'm not home, they would have to get into my locked house and locked room where the guns are all locked in a safe.

I am going to have to decline to list my inventory because I want to keep them...LOL

I learned a long time ago that if you value your possesions you do not go around telling strangers about them.

I'm not too concerned. If I'm not home, they would have to get into my locked house and locked room where the guns are all locked in a safe.

Now they know exactly what tools they need to bring...LOL

Very true I always try to be discreet as possible, do you think this is giving away too much?

guns.jpg

If anybody thinks this is actually real, I got news for ya it's not :P

Probably not a good idea to post a shopping list for theives. For those that say nobody will break in bc you own guns, a smart theif will wait untill your not there by scoping the place out. Not trying to ruin the thread but just giving information based on my security background.

Probably not a good idea to post a shopping list for theives. For those that say nobody will break in bc you own guns, a smart theif will wait untill your not there by scoping the place out. Not trying to ruin the thread but just giving information based on my security background.

Shopping list? There are hundreds of firearm forums with much more detailed information than this. Nothing wrong with any posts in this thread that throw a red flag. Your "security" skills are making you paranoid.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

I currently have:

M&P 9 Talo Edition

M&P Shield

Mega Arms monolithic AR-15, too many things to list on this one.

For the people worried about posting your guns, don't talk about your trucks either. When your sleeping, people might come steal your vehicle.

Shopping list? There are hundreds of firearm forums with much more detailed information than this. Nothing wrong with any posts in this thread that throw a red flag. Your "security" skills are making you paranoid.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

Maybe so lol. But in all of five minutes I know your address, birthdate, and full name. While it's unlikely that someone will use a forum to steal from you there is a growing trend of it happenng.

I currently have:

M&P 9 Talo Edition

M&P Shield

For the people worried about posting your guns, don't talk about your trucks either. When your sleeping, people might come steal your vehicle.

I've seen this happen before on some other forums. It's usually sports vehicles that have been highly modded.

I currently have:

M&P 9 Talo Edition

M&P Shield

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/now/teen-posts-picture-of-money-on-facebook-family-gets-robbed

The difference is your truck is a "public possession" to start with seeing as how you drive & park it in public the majority of the time. But listing electronics, tools, firearms and cash is just advertising things unnecessarily. Would you post about all the valuable possessions you keep in your truck?

I currently have:

M&P 9 Talo Edition

M&P Shield

http://www.abc15.com...ily-gets-robbed

The difference is your truck is a "public possession" to start with seeing as how you drive & park it in public the majority of the time. But listing electronics, tools, firearms and cash is just advertising things unnecessarily. Would you post about all the valuable possessions you keep in your truck?

You seem like the type of guy that likes to wear a "tinfoil hat" if you catch my drift. My truck is a "public possession"? What sense does that make? Last time I checked, my truck was registered/paid for/insured by me. If someone steals it, they will be arrested because it doesn't belong to them.

Anyone that posts anything on the internet can be tracked to where they are--so by you posting on a forum, you have exposed yourself.

You seem like the type of guy that likes to wear a "tinfoil hat" if you catch my drift. My truck is a "public possession"? What sense does that make? Last time I checked, my truck was registered/paid for/insured by me. If someone steals it, they will be arrested because it doesn't belong to them.

Anyone that posts anything on the internet can be tracked to where they are--so by you posting on a forum, you have exposed yourself.

Yeah I do not leave home without at least 5 rolls of Reynolds Wrap. Foil is only effective for 3 hours, then it must be reapplied. :jester:

Seriously dude, I am more of a rational thinking realist than a conspiracy theorist. I have been the victim of 3 burglaries so I tend to look at things a little more cautiously than some.

Your truck is a "public possession" meaning you are not likely to keep the fact that you have it private for very long. Therefore the public will quickly know you have it. Your guns and other valuable possessions can be kept discrete, unlike your truck.

I got a haircut a while back and my barber was bragging about the big screen TV and surround sound he had just bought. The next time I was in there, he was singing the blues because someone had broken into his house and stole them. It does not take a rocket scientist to connect the dots. If you advertise to strangers, someone might just see an "easy" or "worth the risk" victim. The average thief might not bother with a house that MIGHT have firearms, but if you make it known that you have a sizeable collection, your house just may seem worth the risk. Get it?

If its a career thief, he would case a house for a while and would probably already know whats in my house. as often as I shoot and hunt everyone that knows me knows I have a decent gun collection. I'm not worried about the average thief. They wouldn't get into my safe anyway and they sure aren't going to get it out of basement very easily, it weighs hundreds of pounds.

Archived