You seem like the type of guy that likes to wear a "tinfoil hat" if you catch my drift. My truck is a "public possession"? What sense does that make? Last time I checked, my truck was registered/paid for/insured by me. If someone steals it, they will be arrested because it doesn't belong to them.

Anyone that posts anything on the internet can be tracked to where they are--so by you posting on a forum, you have exposed yourself.

Yeah I do not leave home without at least 5 rolls of Reynolds Wrap. Foil is only effective for 3 hours, then it must be reapplied. :jester:

Seriously dude, I am more of a rational thinking realist than a conspiracy theorist. I have been the victim of 3 burglaries so I tend to look at things a little more cautiously than some.

Your truck is a "public possession" meaning you are not likely to keep the fact that you have it private for very long. Therefore the public will quickly know you have it. Your guns and other valuable possessions can be kept discrete, unlike your truck.

I got a haircut a while back and my barber was bragging about the big screen TV and surround sound he had just bought. The next time I was in there, he was singing the blues because someone had broken into his house and stole them. It does not take a rocket scientist to connect the dots. If you advertise to strangers, someone might just see an "easy" or "worth the risk" victim. The average thief might not bother with a house that MIGHT have firearms, but if you make it known that you have a sizeable collection, your house just may seem worth the risk. Get it?

5 layers of tin foil? Better add a sixth. Prime numbers are unlucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably not a good idea to post a shopping list for theives. For those that say nobody will break in bc you own guns, a smart theif will wait untill your not there by scoping the place out. Not trying to ruin the thread but just giving information based on my security background.

Shopping list? There are hundreds of firearm forums with much more detailed information than this. Nothing wrong with any posts in this thread that throw a red flag. Your "security" skills are making you paranoid.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

Maybe so lol. But in all of five minutes I know your address, birthdate, and full name. While it's unlikely that someone will use a forum to steal from you there is a growing trend of it happenng.

Well when they come, they need to realize that the people that occupy the home are both leos and know how these crooks opperate and what they look for.

Then they need to figure out if somebody is actually home or is it just the dog barking with the tv or light on. They they need to get brave enough to attempt to make a forced entry.

At this point they are more than likely to already be held at gunpoint. If they somehow do manage get in and nobody is home, they better be able to run faster than the dogs. If they manage that, they need to figure out the combinations to the safes and somehow get the keys because you need both to access all of them.

If that works, they will need a finger print to scan for recognition. Hmmmm which finger on which hand of which person? By this time somebody will probably realize that there is a person in the house because the dogs won't stop barking, there is ALWAYS somebody home within a ear shot of the house. If not, the dummies have already been caught on video before they even reached the front gate. Either way, this will end up bad for the crook.

Not saying it can't happen because anything can......I am just not paranoid or worried about it that's all. Doesn't really matter to me, my belongings are highly secure inside my home.

You seem like the type of guy that likes to wear a "tinfoil hat" if you catch my drift. My truck is a "public possession"? What sense does that make? Last time I checked, my truck was registered/paid for/insured by me. If someone steals it, they will be arrested because it doesn't belong to them.

Anyone that posts anything on the internet can be tracked to where they are--so by you posting on a forum, you have exposed yourself.

Yeah I do not leave home without at least 5 rolls of Reynolds Wrap. Foil is only effective for 3 hours, then it must be reapplied. :jester:

Seriously dude, I am more of a rational thinking realist than a conspiracy theorist. I have been the victim of 3 burglaries so I tend to look at things a little more cautiously than some.

Your truck is a "public possession" meaning you are not likely to keep the fact that you have it private for very long. Therefore the public will quickly know you have it. Your guns and other valuable possessions can be kept discrete, unlike your truck.

I got a haircut a while back and my barber was bragging about the big screen TV and surround sound he had just bought. The next time I was in there, he was singing the blues because someone had broken into his house and stole them. It does not take a rocket scientist to connect the dots. If you advertise to strangers, someone might just see an "easy" or "worth the risk" victim. The average thief might not bother with a house that MIGHT have firearms, but if you make it known that you have a sizeable collection, your house just may seem worth the risk. Get it?

Not 5 layers, 5 rolls. Reapplication is necessary due to the anti-aluminum signals the satellite dish companies imbed in the high definition TV signals. And there is absolutely nothing unlucky about prime numbers. That is just what the government wants you to think.

If you want my initial impression of the situation, Wurgs is really working on some liberal anti-gun agenda. You see, this is his attempt at a gun registry which will be used to track all the gun owners down and disarm them once Obama has been voted in for a 2nd term. Wurgs is using the old bait and switch tactic. Just kidding Wurgs.

Construing theories is kind of fun, I should have started this a long time ago. :fart:

Glock 23

Remington 1100

Remingon 700 ADL with Leupold scope

I used to have a Springfield Armory 1911 GI that I sold and still kick myself for it. So now I'm looking into a Kimber Ultra Carry. Anybody have one or shot one? How well does it conceal?

It is a sweet little gun, you will love it. Having said that I like my Lightweight Colt Commander better, but the Kimber is very nice.

I am going to have to decline to list my inventory because I want to keep them...LOL

I learned a long time ago that if you value your possesions you do not go around telling strangers about them.

I concur, even with the animinity of the internet. Besides, no one would beleive me...LOL

Not 5 layers, 5 rolls. Reapplication is necessary due to the anti-aluminum signals the satellite dish companies imbed in the high definition TV signals. And there is absolutely nothing unlucky about prime numbers. That is just what the government wants you to think.

If you want my initial impression of the situation, Wurgs is really working on some liberal anti-gun agenda. You see, this is his attempt at a gun registry which will be used to track all the gun owners down and disarm them once Obama has been voted in for a 2nd term. Wurgs is using the old bait and switch tactic. Just kidding Wurgs.

Construing theories is kind of fun, I should have started this a long time ago. :fart:

Dammit, you figured me out. :P

Not a big collection, not a small collection:

Pistols: CZ 75 BD Police 9mm, CZ D PCR Compact 9mm, CZ .22 conversion top, S&W 642 .38

Rifles: Pre-64 Winchester M70 .308 featherweight w/ Zeiss Conquest 3x9, Remington 700 ADL .243 w/ Zeiss Conquest 3x9, CZ 452 American .22 w/ Leopold Rimfire 3x9

Muzzleloaders: Lyman Great Plains .50 w/ 1:60 barrel, T/C Thunderhawk .50 w/ Leopold VX-II 3x9

Shotguns: Ithaca M37 12ga, Remington 870 Wingmaster 12ga, Browning Citori Featherweight 20ga

I really want to buy a 1911, leaning toward a STI Ranger II if I can ever make that purchase a priority expense. Would also like to get a S&W 4" 686 (.357 mag). In all likelihood my goal is to buy a new muzzleloader this year as I'm tired of the cleaning hassle of the ones that I have. Leaning toward a Knight Mountaineer for that, with another Zeiss Conquest 3x9 if I can swing it.

Edit: forgot to add my Beeman R9 .20 cal air rifle with Bushnell Trophy 4-12

Basic lazyness rather than paranoia prevents me from listing everything here...but it goes something like this...

A couple ar-15s

A few Remington shotguns.

Ten or twelve Winchester Model 70s, from 30-06 to 416 Rem Mag.

Half dozen or so Remington 700s, mostly varmint guns.

Handguns run from a Luger to a Delta Elite, a Sig P220, Browning HPs and a covey of L and N frame S&Ws.

I call it a hobby...my wife calls it a distraction! :crackup:

• 2 weeks later...

Handguns:1.Beretta Bobcat 22LR. automatic, stainless. 2.Beretta Tomcat 32. automatic, stainless. 3.Ruger Super Single Six 22LR. blued. 4. Colt 100th. anniversary 1911 45. automatic, stainless. 5. Colt Police Positive 38SPL. blued. 6. S&W 22LR. K-Frame Target special, blued. 7. S&W 357Mag. K-Frame Deluxe, stainless. 8. S&W 45. automatic, stainless. 9. S&W Lady Smith 357Mag. stainless-My Wifes carry gun. 10. Kimber Super Carry PRO 1911 45. automatic stainless-My carry gun. Rifles: 1. Colt M4 Law Enforcement Carbine,223. automatic, Scope with laser and lighted reticule, 4 picatinny rails, vertical handgrip, LED light-lots of FUN! 2. Remington sportsman 74 30.06 automatic with scope. 3. Remington Model 74 30.06 automatic collectors edition. 4. Ah heck, I am tired of typing,4 more rifles, 4 more shotguns. Anyway You get the picture!

Oh what the hell I'l play, but I will have to do this in installments because it could take a while.

Marlin 22LR bolt action, "Glenfield" can't remember model number but was my first gun, x-mas when I was 10.

Winchester Model 94/22 XTR 22LR.

Winchester Model 94 .30-30

Winchester Model 95 Custom in .35 Whelen, Lyman Receiver sight

Winchester Model 95 in .405 Winchester, Lyman Receiver sight

Marlin Model 1895S in .45-70, Lyman Receiver sight

Winchester Model 71 in .348 Winchester

Winchester Model 70 [Pre-64] in .300 H&H Magnum, Leupold 2.5X8 scope

Winchester Model 70 [Pre-64] in .375 H&H Magnum, has factory installed Lyman WJS Receiver sight.

Ruger M-77 old model with tang safety in .338 Win.Mag. Leaupold 4x scope. has custom muzzle break.

Ruger M-77 old model with tang safety in .30-06 Springfield.

Remington Model 700 Classic in .35 Whelen, 1X4 Leaupold scope.

Remington Model 700 Safari rifle in 8mm Remington Magnum, Leaupold 3.5X10 Boone & Crocket Scope.

Weatherby MK.V Deluxe in .300 Weatherby Magnum, 2X7 Leupold Scope.

1903 Springfield type "T" long range target rifle, mfg. in 1926. Has Redfield Match aperature sights.

Springfield M-1 Garand, D.C.M. Rifle, mfg in 1956. .30-06

Springfield M-1 Garand "Match" rifle built by Phil Arrington in Az. Caliber 7.62 Nato. Rifle receiver built in 1942.

Springfield Armory M1A standard rifle. 7.62 NATO

Springfield Armory M1A Super Match custom built by a good friend of mine who was a U.S.M.C. Armorer. of course in 7.62. aka .308 Winchester.

Springfield M-1 Garand "Tanker" model with 18 inch barrel in .30-06

Marlin 444S in .444 Marlin

D.S. Arms F.N.F.A.L. Carbine, 7.62 NATO

1891 Belgian Mauser, 7.65mm

Remington Model 1100 standard 12Ga.

Remington Model 1100 "Trap" model, 12Ga.

REmington Model 870 Light Weight, 20Ga.

Remington Model 870 Marine Magnum, 12Ga.

Remington Model 870 "Trap" model, 12Ga.

Remington Model 1100 "Competetion" model, 12Ga.

Beretta AL-1A, Semi Auto, 12Ga.

Browning BPS, 12Ga.

Thats it for now, gotta go. Will continue later.

Oh what the hell I'l play, but I will have to do this in installments because it could take a while.

Marlin 22LR bolt action, "Glenfield" can't remember model number but was my first gun, x-mas when I was 10.

Winchester Model 70 [Pre-64] in .375 H&H Magnum, has factory installed Lyman WJS Receiver sight.

Ruger M-77 old model with tang safety in .338 Win.Mag. Leaupold 4x scope. has custom muzzle break.

Remington Model 700 Safari rifle in 8mm Remington Magnum, Leaupold 3.5X10 Boone & Crocket Scope.

1903 Springfield type "T" long range target rifle, mfg. in 1926. Has Redfield Match aperature sights.

Springfield M-1 Garand "Match" rifle built by Phil Arrington in Az. Caliber 7.62 Nato. Rifle receiver built in 1942.

Springfield Armory M1A Super Match custom built by a good friend of mine who was a U.S.M.C. Armorer. of course in 7.62. aka .308 Winchester.

Browning BPS, 12Ga.

Ok, onward

CZ-527 Heavy Barrel "Varmint" Rifle in .223 Remington. Leupold 6X18 Varmint scope

I think thats it for long guns, now handguns.

Ruger Single Six Convertible Single Action, Stainless in 22LR and 22WMR. 4 5/8's barrel

Ruger MK.II Heavy Barrel "Target" Auto Pistol in 22LR

Colt "Officers" Target Revolver in 22LR. Mfg. in 1925, 6" barrel.

Ruger Super Blackhawk, .44 Magnum, Blued, 4 5/8's barrel.

S&W 686 .357 Magnum, 4" barrel

S&W 629 Classic Hunter, .44 Magnum, 6" barrel

S&W 629 44 Magnum, 4" barrel

S&W 629 "Trail Boss" 44 Magnum with 3" "Magna-Ported" barrel

Colt 1911 "Combat Elite" 45ACP/45Super. Pistol is heavily modified and has fired over 250,000 rounds.

Colt 1991A1 1911 "Enhanced" 45ACP

Colt 1911 "Rail Gun" 45ACP

Colt 1911 "21st Century" Lightweight Commander, 45ACP

Colt 1911 Gold Cup "Trophy" 45ACP, stainless

Kimber Ultra Carry CDP, 45ACP

Uberti Colt SAA replica with two cylinders in .45 Colt and .45ACP

CVA 1860 Colt 44 Army Replica

I think thats it.

Browning BPS, 12Ga.

A whole lot of nice firearms on that list, but no AR's?

Archived