Looking for a new home defense/carry gun

I have a Kimber ultra carry 45 for winter but in the summer I switch to the S&W air weight 38 revolver.

I'm a small guy.

I kind of do the same thing. Colt Lightweight Commander in cooler weather and a S&W Airweight when its hot.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im sorry i didnt clarify, bird shot not buckshot in a 20 gauge, everyone is intitled to there opinion, thats why i added my 2 cents

The Judge is a lousy self defense weapon with .410 in it and buckshot can still go through walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use birdshot against an intruder, you'll end up dead. Birdshot is NOT lethal to a human, it won't penetrate worth shit.

Have you seen what birdshot does to a human body at 10 feet? im pretty sure its lethal... and if you decide to beat off an intruder with a tennis ball your not going to be thrown in jail haha... self defense is self defense.

Have you seen what birdshot does to a human body at 10 feet? im pretty sure its lethal... and if you decide to beat off an intruder with a tennis ball your not going to be thrown in jail haha... self defense is self defense.

Birdshot won't kill the intruder.

Read the bottom third of the page:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot3_2.htm

http://www.theboxotr...docs/bot3_2.htm

And we believe everything on the internet lol, look were all entitled to our opinions, urs is that mine is this...birdshot can and will kill a person...lets move on!

http://www.theboxotr...docs/bot3_2.htm

And we believe everything on the internet lol, look were all entitled to our opinions, urs is that mine is this...birdshot can and will kill a person...lets move on!

Not moving on. I hope you don't give this as advice to people. Birdshot as a SD load is stupid and there is zero room for argument.

If that doesn't convince you how about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Whittington

He was shot in the face with birdshot and didn't die.

It will if I'm slam firing my full choked 1897! Never underestimate the power of a gun, all are dangerous.

A weapon so savage and powerful the German and Austrian Governments issued this proclamation

during the First World War.

The 1918 German Protest

On 19 September 1918, the Government of Switzerland, representing German interests in the United States, presented to the U.S. Secretary of State a cablegram received by the Swiss Foreign Office containing the following diplomatic protest by the Government of Germany:

The German Government protests against the use of shotguns by the American Army and calls attention to the fact that according to the law of war (Kriegsrecht) every [u.S.] prisoner [of war] found to have in his possession such guns or ammunition belonging thereto forfeits his life.

It will if I'm slam firing my full choked 1897! Never underestimate the power of a gun, all are dangerous.

A weapon so savage and powerful the German and Austrian Governments issued this proclamation

The 1918 German Protest

On 19 September 1918, the Government of Switzerland, representing German interests in the United States, presented to the U.S. Secretary of State a cablegram received by the Swiss Foreign Office containing the following diplomatic protest by the Government of Germany:

“The German Government protests against the use of shotguns by the American Army and calls attention to the fact that according to the law of war (Kriegsrecht) every [u.S.] prisoner [of war] found to have in his possession such guns or ammunition belonging thereto forfeits his life.

A shotgun is a powerful weapon, for that there is no room for debate. But a shotgun loaded with birdshot is only useful if you're worrying about birds taking over the house.

The 1918 German Protest

“The German Government protests against the use of shotguns by the American Army and calls attention to the fact that according to the law of war (Kriegsrecht) every [u.S.] prisoner [of war] found to have in his possession such guns or ammunition belonging thereto forfeits his life.

A shotgun is a powerful weapon, for that there is no room for debate. But a shotgun loaded with birdshot is only useful if you're worrying about birds taking over the house.

you can kill a person 10ft away with a pellet gun and you dont think birdshot will kill you?...damn

The 1918 German Protest

you can kill a person 10ft away with a pellet gun and you dont think birdshot will kill you?...damn

You'd have to be damn lucky to kill someone with a pellet gun. Birdshot will NOT penetrate to reach vital organs and this is fact. If someone knocks down your door and you unload birdshot at them, they'll be able to call 911 themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bird shot in a full choke will be lethal at a short distance like ten feet as the payload is kept really tight. no choke at the same distance will give about a 2 ft pattern and would be ineffective to some one with heavy clothing with a low brass bird shot. Will it hurt? hell yeah, but you survivability is through the roof. I have #4 high brass in my 12ga, I welcome any theif to test this birdshot theory any day. Ultimately bird shot is way to loose of a term as there are several different bird loads available. More than likely they'll get shot with my 38 snubby with +p hallow points.

My primary "carry" and home defense gun is my Lightweight Commander.

ColtLightweightCommanderWCEdition_zps867c23eb.jpg

that is way to nice of a gun to kill someone in self defense lol. on a serious note i have my nice guns for leasure and "thow away gun" for self defense that I would not mind being taken in an investigation. Sometimes self defense could be cut and dry, but if your issue catch enough media interest like some of the recent cases "Not saying Zimmerman was right or wrong" it could be drawn out and your high dollar gun will sit in some cool damp evidence room rusting. When I say "throw away gun" I do not mean something cheaply made as there are several firearms that are cheap but highly reliable for say a glock, i personally do not like glocks but they are still great guns. If the firearm is designed to be holstered cocked and is not ment to be decocked I will not carry it. I will not trust my life to safeties as 1. you have to remember to switch it to fire 2. it has more potential to accidently discharge like that dumb ass in Walmart that shot him self trying to pay for his groceries then fled. When I am not carrying my snubbie I have my px4 sub decocked with safety off ready to go since it takes about 6 pounds of trigger pull to initially dischage and a longer pull to raise and drop the hammer with my follow ups if needed be lighter and shorter. Just a thought to think about when choosing a pistol. To clarify as the glock guy will get upset over my comment about accedental discharges. A glock in a proper double retention holdster is safe for duty, but not all of us can open carry so alot of the iwb, pocket holster or an idiot that thows it in his waist band is asking to hurt someone or themselves. I appologize the long rant but this is a big part of my life as I carry on and off duty and I fell strongly about this feel free to disagree it will not hurt my feelings nor will I argue about it.

Archived