Looking for a new home defense/carry gun

There is no such thing as accidental discharges, only negligent ones. I carry my G32 and my Sigs in open top OWB holsters. Keep your booker hook off the bang switch and you'll be fine. :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does you owb have the finger release or is it a fitted leather type? That is the type of holster I want for my Berreta. Ultimately it all depends on how you plan to carry. There are more risky way to carry certain guns, there is a reason why your small 380's and similar guns are double action only.

Have you seen what birdshot does to a human body at 10 feet? im pretty sure its lethal... and if you decide to beat off an intruder with a tennis ball your not going to be thrown in jail haha... self defense is self defense.

Birdshot won't kill the intruder.

Read the bottom third of the page:

http://www.theboxotr...docs/bot3_2.htm

And we believe everything on the internet lol, look were all entitled to our opinions, urs is that mine is this...birdshot can and will kill a person...lets move on!

Not moving on. I hope you don't give this as advice to people. Birdshot as a SD load is stupid and there is zero room for argument.

If that doesn't convince you how about this?

http://en.wikipedia....rry_Whittington

He was shot in the face with birdshot and didn't die.

And how many thousands of people have survived gunshot wounds form .45's. .223's, 9mm's? I never said it will be 100 percent effective, its the best of both worlds ,self defense and you dont have to worry about killing one of your kids....

• 2 weeks later...

There is no such thing as accidental discharges, only negligent ones. I carry my G32 and my Sigs in open top OWB holsters. Keep your booker hook off the bang switch and you'll be fine. :lol:

Mike I believe in the same thing, but trolling Netflix yesterday I came upon a show called Remington UnderFire. Shows how what I thought was one of the safest rifles in the world, is a waiting boomstick, the Remington 700. An issue with the original trigger block, if anything builds up in the trigger mechanism (not from neglect mind you) if you even touch the bolt/lever it would fire.. not one of them touched the trigger, and the common place was when they switched the safety from ON to OFF the firearm would discharge... Frustrates me, the original designer even said the fix only cost about 5.5 cents when they found it in 1947, and today with 5.5 million rem 700's out there, it would cost about 300 million to fix them all. It scared me, but it was obviously one sided arguement of the tv program, so take it as a grain of sand, any weapon should be treated as if it was loaded and there should never be harm because of it, but this issue with the 700 has caused deaths and many injuries.

That isn't a modern firearm. A modern firearm that has been properly cared for will only go off one way- pulling the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's "modern" or not is a matter of perspective. There are no absolutes. Would a AR-15 from DPMS or Noveske be "modern"? Most people would say yes. But it was designed before most members here were born...1957. An old gun will kill or make as well as a modern one.

None of it matters when it comes to a firearm accident. The only thing that matters is the gun in hand. The bottom line is mechanical things can have problems that lead to accidents. Diligence on safety will always be the best prevention of a tragedy.

I've got 2 people in the office that have the XDS and love them. My neighbor has a XDM compact and loves it and also has a M&P bodyguard for his old lady. They are all good guns. I'm a big fan of Springfield and S&W myself.

Mike I believe in the same thing, but trolling Netflix yesterday I came upon a show called Remington UnderFire. Shows how what I thought was one of the safest rifles in the world, is a waiting boomstick, the Remington 700. An issue with the original trigger block, if anything builds up in the trigger mechanism (not from neglect mind you) if you even touch the bolt/lever it would fire.. not one of them touched the trigger, and the common place was when they switched the safety from ON to OFF the firearm would discharge... Frustrates me, the original designer even said the fix only cost about 5.5 cents when they found it in 1947, and today with 5.5 million rem 700's out there, it would cost about 300 million to fix them all. It scared me, but it was obviously one sided arguement of the tv program, so take it as a grain of sand, any weapon should be treated as if it was loaded and there should never be harm because of it, but this issue with the 700 has caused deaths and many injuries.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/195819?c=News-and-Information

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you want the "BEST" forget the rest and buy a Kimber Super Carry "PRO!" 45 cal. With 230 grain hollow points, it will stop anything with one shot. You don't have to worry about "accidental discharge" with a 1911. 4" barrel and round heel make it easy to conceal. At only 28 ozs. empty, it is as light as some of the "plastic" guns! Made entirely in the Kimber Custom Shop, you won't fine a more accurate gun out of the box! I carry mine every day in a Galco concealed custom outside the waist belt holster. I can wear it all day and forget I even have it on. If you have the money, buy a set of Crimson Trace "Master Series" laser grips for $359.00 on sale now.and you will have the "BEST" home-defense-carry weapon there is! :M16:

Archived