scotch guarding and waxing

Just picked up my 2013 Sierra 2500! I ordered the titanium interior as the previous black was super annoying for picking up dog hair/horse hair.

As you know, the titanium is really, really light! There were already marks on the seats when I picked it up--which they fixed when I pointed them out.

So . . . wanting to know best recommendations for protecting against stains--the back seats will have covers on them anyway . . .

And I would like to have it waxed---one dealer offers a scotch guarding and a teflon wax that lasts 6 years.

I don't care if the wax lasts longer than 1 year . . . what I do worry about is what it'll do to my finish. I had a product put on my 2000 and I swear it made the paint look dull . . .

Anyone have any recommendations? Or know if this "teflon" wax will make the paint look dull? Should I steer away from it?

Thanks!

Yeah, I figured it probably was=---but I am not concerned about that. My issue is that I do want to protect the interior and I want to wax it--so do I use their scotch guarding services as it is guaranteed? And if I do, do I take their bundled price that includes that waxing job? I am unable to wax it myself. But I am concerned that their wax will actually dull my finish.

You know this brings up what I saw in my owners manual, I was just bored and looking through it and saw in the exterior finish that it says you dont have to wax these vehicles I thought that was kinda strange but it says you can which I do about 3 times a year. Check it out. I know the clear coat protects it but it was weird.

Archived