Anybody gone to Vinyl Flooring?

With 5 kids, my wife and think it's time. The carpet is just getting gross and doesn't come clean anymore... If so any recommendations?

I find several vendors (JC Whitney,etc) selling a product form AutoCustomCarpets with model #s of the form:

16531-05-54

and i see one (auto-interior.com) selling with a a model# of

ACC-18008

I'm leaning towards the former, but just curious if anyone has comments / recommendations?

thx in advance

-brad

+1 for weather tech, but if you want the whole thing and not just the foot wells, I think the vinyl is a decent idea. A friend has a new 3/4 ton Chevy with a factory vinyl floor and it makes way more sense than carpet for a work truck like that. It would definitely be easy to clean.

ya when i look at stains, a lot of em run high (up the sides near the rocker panels or up the sides and top of the tranny). Looking at their photos, the rear two tow rows would give some a little better coverage:

http://www.weathertech.com/chevrolet/2005/suburban/floorliner-digitalfit/2nd-row-seating-type/bench-seating/

Frankly, I like the idea of both, but the price is about the same for both. and i guess given these comments, since the front is stained too, it's a cheap shot to blame the kids :)

You can get the 1 piece front that will cover the center hump (tranny.). The rear liner covers the entire floor. Much easier and less hastle than new flooring. Have your carpet steam cleaned, get the stains out & buy some liners.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

I had factory carpet in my 2001 Suburban and during the winters in Wisconsin I remember the carpet would get so stink from the snow slush and stuff. I had to shop vac the carpets every other day. (I know I should of kicked the snow off my boots, but you can't really do that with three young kids and the wife, they just want to get in and get warmed up!). On my current 3/4 Silverado, I have the factory vinyl floors and love them. They are super easy to clean, and are holding up great.

Thx everyone. well i bought the vinyl based on the couple of strong recommendations above. I bought front weathertechs for starters. I put a lot of dirt up there and i like the idea of being able to pull em out and hose hem off.

we'll see - should be a fun project (combined with everything else i'm doing)

You will love the WeatherTechs! Amazing quality and clean up is a breeze! Can't beat 'em!

I'll second that. My truck had the WeatherTechs from day one. Saved my carper front and rear. Yeah I still have some problem areas (middle of back seat carpet) but nothing compared to how bad it could have been.

My son got his new '12 2500HD with the factory vinyl flooring and loves it. He is a welder, HVAC and sheet metal contractor and is constantly on construction sites, very easily cleaned and he will put weather techs in for the winter later this year to trap all the salt and slush.

Archived