Worst Dealership in North America

I'm starting this thread because of my recent contact/experience with bad dealerships.

I'll start with Preston Chevrolet located in Langley, BC

Impossible to order a part off these guys on more than one occasion.

Armed with part name and picture, plus location and name of location. As well as a Delphi part # it didn't surprise me I couldn't get my part.

This same dealership also told me I could not add fog lights to my truck.

My experience with a salesman when I looked at a cruze included him showing me sound deadening material then a spiel on how he could not tell me how much I would get on a trade in until I signed papers.

No comment on the service department never used them for service.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Another dealership

Dueck located in Richmond, BC

Parts department here is excellent.

Service is 180 of this. Service reps try to buffalo you with false information technicians are sloppy and forgetful, scratches on fenders. Doesn't own up to bad work if you notice it at home. Takes 2 hours for an oil change. And once they called me at home to tell me my truck was ready when I already had it home for 3 hours. Oh and one time I was there they lost someone's keys. Didn't stick around to hear the end of that one.

did you offer any way for them to improve ?

did you imform the dealer principle so he can look into the problems?

Well the one in Langley I thought about writing them an email. I tried to talk to the manager when I was there today but he was out to lunch. I swore I'd never spend a dime at that place but I thought I'd give them a third or is it fourth chance.

The one in Richmond I just had enough of them and told them what I thought and said I will never come back. They had the nerve to call me and schedule an oil change a few months later. The first 2 services went so well with washes and all that, so of course I gave them a high review which I now deeply regret.

That's really too bad. I personally never had that bad of an experience with a GM dealer but a Chrysler...I'd get banned from this site if I repeat what I said there. Yes I did try to go about fixing my "problems" properly but made ZERO progress. It turned ugly very quickly when service manager tried calling out my education on common sense and got burned. Dealership won't suffer or shut down because of me but I continue to deflect as much business away from them as possible.

Hope you find a decent dealer.

It just seems at these select few it was people with fake smiles having no idea what they were talking about. There are good ones around here and I appreciate them. But the time I have had at these 2... Especially the Langley one.

That's really too bad. I personally never had that bad of an experience with a GM dealer but a Chrysler...I'd get banned from this site if I repeat what I said there. Yes I did try to go about fixing my "problems" properly but made ZERO progress. It turned ugly very quickly when service manager tried calling out my education on common sense and got burned. Dealership won't suffer or shut down because of me but I continue to deflect as much business away from them as possible.

Hope you find a decent dealer.

I had a Bad experience with a Chrysler Dealer once; the Service Department LIED TO MY FACE after I TOLD THEM DIRECTLY there was a problem with my Plymouth's Shifter (which according to a Ignition Interlock Recall, if the Interlock was Inoperative, which Mine WAS; the shifter HAD To Be Replaced.) and Guess what they did? they did the OTHER part of the Recall, which was useless to me because my Interlock was Inoperative!

... I tried to talk to the manager when I was there today but he was out to lunch...

Obviously he is not aware of the problems or he doesn't care. Both possibilitys make him a bad manager anyway.

So why bother?

Even if we should be carefull about a "black list", it is good to know where to go and where to pay extra attention.

so long

j-ten-ner

... I tried to talk to the manager when I was there today but he was out to lunch...

Obviously he is not aware of the problems or he doesn't care. Both possibilitys make him a bad manager anyway.

So why bother?

Even if we should be carefull about a "black list", it is good to know where to go and where to pay extra attention.

so long

j-ten-ner

The fact is these 2 dealerships are not informed about their products they sell. Maybe its time to post locations and names of bad dealers so maybe if someone who is involved in one sees something like this and goes "hey people are not impressed with us and are spreading information of our poor quality, let's fix this".

dealers live and breathe by the CSI-Customer Service Index,,,,its is judged by the surveys you guys get for a sale visit or a service visit ...everyone is judged ,advisors,techs etc etc

when the CSI hits rock bottom ,the manufacturer will step in and tell the dealer to get a grip ....

it all gets sorted out in the wash lol

dealers live and breathe by the CSI-Customer Service Index,,,,its is judged by the surveys you guys get for a sale visit or a service visit ...everyone is judged ,advisors,techs etc etc

when the CSI hits rock bottom ,the manufacturer will step in and tell the dealer to get a grip ....

it all gets sorted out in the wash lol

That's why I regret doing the survey so fast next time I'm gonna wait a year.

Archived