Factory Tails, Tinted OEM's, or LED Tails... Which do you prefer?

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the title says, let me know your thoughts and please vote for your favorite. This is going to be my next mod and I'd like to get your feedback. Please forgive me if the poll is jacked up, never tried one before.

The tails are going on the truck in my sig.

I like the recon smoked tails. I may get rid of mine and go with a red so I don't get another ticket

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I would agree that most led tails look ricer but, there are a couple I like because they look stock, just with the led board.

If I keep stock I need to buy new ones. I noticed changing out a side marker bulb in the rear that the guy before me broke one tightening it down too much.

I'm really leaning toward smoking the tails, I just won't be doing the work. I have a automotive local guy in town I really trust and he told me he has done a couple set. I would have him tape off the reverse light and do a mild smoke.

What do you guys think about the third brake light? They have a bunch of black or smoked led ones that don't look ricer at all. One has a smoked mirror style look.

I say keep the stock over the LEDs. The tinted stock are alright as long as there not to dark to see the light during the day. Was behind someone that the tails were so dark you couldn't see when they were braking.

Luckily the police around here don't give you too much trouble as long as the lights aren't BLACKED out. I ran tail light covers on my last truck for a couple months to see if I wanted to go the smoked route or led route. I ended up peeling them off and went with leds.

The biggest reason I'm considering leds is due to how bright they are. I know, I know, that is the complete opposite of smoking my lights but in the winters around here and in snow I'm a fan of higher visibility. Maybe I could find some smoked led tails...

Ugh, I'm in a pickle.

I have the recon smoked LED tails and third brake light. I believe in the tail lights there are 34 LED's on each side. 28 for the main lights, 2 side marker LED's, and 4 for the fiber looking tubes under the main lights. I don't like that I can't see anything with the cargo lamp but I'll end up doing LED under rail lighting wired into the cart lamp switch

2012-03-08_16-54-45_196.jpg

2012-03-08_16-55-16_123.jpg

2012-03-08_20-07-46_644.jpg

2012-03-08_20-11-03_656.jpg

2012-03-26_01-13-27_831-1.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Archived