Countdown to a new lockdown?

Well.... is it time to panic buy again America?

And how many assault weapon bans must we suffer through? Ooops... I meant "assault weapon".... forgot the quotes.

I certainly have more thoughts on this... but it would turn political in a hurry. So I'll just keep it simple.

Anyone else?????

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man there are a bunch of articles out about that today... "gun sales on the rise" "walmart sells out of rifles" "ebay prices on gun parts skyrocket"........

My opinion, short and sweet :

No gun control law or ban will stop, or could have stopped, things like this from happening. Politics aside, that IS the bottom line. Criminals will be criminals, law abiding citizens will abide by the law. Plain and simple.

Edit: I HAVE TO ADD - My sympathy does goes out to all families and friends involved in the SHES tragedy. No one should have to go through something like that. With my son just being born, i can't imagine loosing him like that, or any way for that matter.

I went to Rainier Arms just for fun. It looked like they were robbed. I think there were 3 complete rifles left... not one lower. No mags, it was almost sold clean out. Hell, I can't even get a BCG for the new upper I'm trying to build.

Do we really need to go through this crap again?

So I guess once we unarm every citizen in the country we will all live forever, no one will be murdered, crime will stop, utopia is on the way.

Awesome. hopefully someone can wipe my butt for me too...

So I guess once we unarm every citizen in the country we will all live forever, no one will be murdered, crime will stop, utopia is on the way.

Awesome. hopefully someone can wipe my butt for me too...

LOL at squirrely. Thats what they think isn't it? Definately a hard topic to discuss without politics. But I would agree 100%. Criminals don't abide by the laws. +infinity on the sympathy for all the ppl affected in the tragedy. No one should ever have to go through that.

Aside from tragedies that obviously are unavoidable because anyone who wants an automatic gun or guns to kill someone could steal or buy (black market) it, I've been reading comments from people talking about how the swiss are issued guns, which they are also trained because they have a reserve military policy, few fail to grasp that part though.

From what I gather, Americans can just walk in and buy a gun, without training, they only have a waiting period, which is crazy.

In Canada we have to take a firearms safety course, which I'm glad there is, they teach you how to identify different ammo and how to safely store a firearm also they teach you how to check a firearm is unloaded before handing it off or putting it down.

Now I can understand your 2nd amendment, but in reality a semi auto is just efficient in defense as a auto. Firing an auto takes a lot of skill, and we pin our magazines which really, if shit hit the fan (government rebellion) taking those pins out really isn't hard. Do you really need that full automatic weapon? Restricting them would overall end up with less on the market.

I think my easily attainable 870 or few other weapons (after my training course) could fend off an attacker in my home. (illegal to do in Canada for the record :rolleyes: )

Gun control up here is just you have to register your weapon and take a gun safety course.

Think about it: it is overall better the police know if someone went off his rocker he owns guns.

I will say this: I wish we had conceal carry up here because I believe gun toting criminals would think twice.

Darren in British Columbia

Hopefully my neighbours down south don't go Australia's route that is crazy!

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Buying automatic guns here is NOT a common occurrence despite the liberal medias claims. To buy one, you go through an extensive background check (6+ months) pay a yearly tax of $500, and since you can only buy full auto from 1986 or earlier there is a small supply so even a lousy one costs $10,000. Probably more now. Also, a legally owned full auto has never been used in a high profile crime. The last time any full auto was used in a high profile shooting was the North Hollywood shoot out in the 90s and those were illegally modified.

Oh and gun control is using both hands. :D

Buying automatic guns here is NOT a common occurrence despite the liberal medias claims. To buy one, you go through an extensive background check (6+ months) pay a yearly tax of $500, and since you can only buy full auto from 1986 or earlier there is a small supply so even a lousy one costs $10,000. Probably more now. Also, a legally owned full auto has never been used in a high profile crime. The last time any full auto was used in a high profile shooting was the North Hollywood shoot out in the 90s and those were illegally modified.Oh and gun control is using both hands. :D

I realize the media is based on shock news, I actually have to stop myself from posting on idiots comments its not winnable.

I didn't look into it as I probably should have stated but I read a lot of news outlets comments, I probably should have looked into it. People are ignorant mostly on newsites, do you guys have to take gun safety courses? I was more posting about firearm accidents being prevented. I was surprised when I saw comments about Americans not being required to take a firearms course to buy one.

In Canada we can get full autos through a grandfather clause probably as difficult as what you describe.

Really though like I said I believe conceal carry is a good answer. Also gun training before being allowed to purchase.

I realize the media is based on shock news, I actually have to stop myself from posting on idiots comments its not winnable.

I didn't look into it as I probably should have stated but I read a lot of news outlets comments, I probably should have looked into it. People are ignorant mostly on newsites, do you guys have to take gun safety courses? I was more posting about firearm accidents being prevented. I was surprised when I saw comments about Americans not being required to take a firearms course to buy one.

In Canada we can get full autos through a grandfather clause probably as difficult as what you describe.

Really though like I said I believe conceal carry is a good answer. Also gun training before being allowed to purchase.

The only course needed is for a Pistol Permit. At least that's the case here in NY. Also, different counties have different rules. I took my pistol permit class and have yet to send in my application. I still need to go down to my local police station for finger printing and to get copies of anything they might have on file for me. Once that is all sent in with character references and signatures I have to wait for it to be approved. In Erie County I will receive a "hunting and target" permit only. I would only be able to carry to and from those activities. After at least 3 years (from what i understand) I can then submit an application for a Carry Concealed permit. In Neighboring Niagara County, when you submit your first application, you are granted a full carry concealed permit right off the bat.

Shotgun and Rifles can be had after a background check. That's about it.

To buy guns you usually do not need a course. Some states do though. In Michigan if you do not have a carry permit as I do you must obtain a purchase permit by taking a quick test. To get a carry permit I took an all day class on gun safety and defense laws and then proved I could shoot safely and accurately and then I submitted that course certificate and a fee to the state along with finger prints for a background check. All said and done it cost me $300 or so not counting gas and ammo and such. But it does vary greatly state to state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought in Canada that a permit was required to transport your firearms. Even to the range.... in which you are given a route that you must follow. I had a crew guy in Toronto that was a gunner and he had nothing good to say about Canadian laws. Maybe it's different from province to province.

As far as the states... we have tons of gun laws already and I don't feel that we need more. We already did a 10 year ban that the BATFE said was ineffective. The percentage of semi auto rifles used in crime was barely a single digit percent. The doc is online for anyone to read.

So to ban my XM15 seems more like a knee jerk response wrapped in ignorance. We could always use gasoline to commit atrocities.... it's cheap and available everywhere.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that no gun owner wants crazy people to possess a firearm. However, you don't restrict those of us who are responsible. You don't take away my rights to stop the crazies. Hell no.

I really cannot go into detail without going political but, I will make the point that it is embarrasing as a citizen of this country to watch people use a HORRIBLE tragedy like this to push and pull new laws or restrictions through congress. No law will ever stop a criminal from breaking the law and this insane idea that disarming a country will mend all fences just shows how STUPID of a country we live in.

If you want my guns Mr. President then I expect your secret service to give up theirs.

EDIT: I would also like to say that the media is SHAMELESS and instead of trying to glorify the killer and gun control reports we should be hearing stories of the people who survived, stories of the men and women who first responded to this tragedy who will forever have these images burned into their brain of slain children. Forget gun control, what are we going to do for these families who lost their children, a press conference telling them it will be ok in time will not fill the void of not having your child anymore.

I really cannot go into detail without going political but, I will make the point that it is embarrasing as a citizen of this country to watch people use a HORRIBLE tragedy like this to push and pull new laws or restrictions through congress. No law will ever stop a criminal from breaking the law and this insane idea that disarming a country will mend all fences just shows how STUPID of a country we live in.

If you want my guns Mr. President then I expect your secret service to give up theirs.

EDIT: I would also like to say that the media is SHAMELESS and instead of trying to glorify the killer and gun control reports we should be hearing stories of the people who survived, stories of the men and women who first responded to this tragedy who will forever have these images burned into their brain of slain children. Forget gun control, what are we going to do for these families who lost their children, a press conference telling them it will be ok in time will not fill the void of not having your child anymore.

I couldn't agree more. The media hypes stories up and only tells what they want to tell. I see no need for bans or restrictions. On the other side I would love to see a safety course put in place, especially for concealed carry. Not sure about other states, but here in Indiana you have to take a 2 day hunter education course before you can buy a hunting license, HOWEVER, if you pass a simple backround check you can have a concealed carry permit to tote a gun around in public. Anyone else see a problem with this?

In WA all I had to do to get a CCP was answer 10 questions. I thought that was a little odd... for Seattle that is.

I'm mixed about the training thing. I think it's a good idea, but I feel there are flaws there too.

Archived