Countdown to a new lockdown?

Criminals do NOT follow the law, therfore any restriction on guns will only limit the honest, law abiding civilians. Yeah sure, right now they want to take away hi capacity magazines. Whats next? They won't stop till everything is outlawed. Then what? Criminals still have guns, and the honest people have, .. nothing. What good will that do? We have made drugs illegal. We have made drinking and driving illegal. Guess what? It still happens everyday. Read the paper. Criminals don't care. Guns are NOT the issue. Mental Health is. I have to agree with Mike. They should take that HIPPA law and stick it up their a$$.

Ok, I will put you down as being completely against any changes to existing laws, therefore you must accept the recent events as a cost of doing business. As I have said in just about every post, no change can completely eliminate this happening, but, if it prevents just one from happening would it not be worth it? And if the nutbar did not have an automatic weapon, would he still have managed to get 11 rounds into a 50 pound target? No one else notice he was 100% efficient? Not one injured person. Have to wonder how it feels to be happy if they do absolutely nothing to prevent even one of these from happening. And have you noticed I never once asked you what you would think if it was your kid, as either the shooter or the victim?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I will put you down as being completely against any changes to existing laws, therefore you must accept the recent events as a cost of doing business. As I have said in just about every post, no change can completely eliminate this happening, but, if it prevents just one from happening would it not be worth it? And if the nutbar did not have an automatic weapon, would he still have managed to get 11 rounds into a 50 pound target? No one else notice he was 100% efficient? Not one injured person. Have to wonder how it feels to be happy if they do absolutely nothing to prevent even one of these from happening. And have you noticed I never once asked you what you would think if it was your kid, as either the shooter or the victim?

The cost of doing business is on the hands of the failed mental health system. Also, he did NOT have an automatic weapon- just semi auto, like millions of hunting rifles which happen to be FAR more powerful than the low end .223 round the AR is chambered in. He was 100% efficient because the kids and staff were defenseless. Limiting guns will not change a thing, the only solution is to have guards or staff armed. The only way to deal with a quick, brutal offense is a quick and brutal defense. And honestly with how society is these days if I ever have kids, home schooling would absolutely be an option in my eyes.

My heart goes out all the affected people in this tragedy. I am not looking for nothing to happen, I am looking for health system reform, a more thorough background/ mental health check, maybe even a safety course required to get a CCW, but in no shape or form will limiting or banning guns, magazines, or the like EVER help deter criminals, they are criminals. All it will ever do is limit the good guys. I do not accept these childrens deaths as " the cost of doing buisness." Whatever thats supposed to mean. I am a first responder. I am out there to help people. I have numerous friends in law enforcement, and I hate to tell you but EVERY single one of them feels the exact same way I do. What about this nut job in Webster, NY that set fire to his sisters house and then shot first responders when they showed up? Lets see, he previously spent 17 years in jail for killing his grandmother with a hammer. And now this, but then again, its not the court systems, lawyers, or mental health systems fault, Its the guns fault. Yup. Lets blame the guns.

http://www.kmir6.com/news/184726281.html

For some reason doug scott, like the liberal media does not seem to understand that "automatic" weapons are not sold to anybody, haven't been since the 80's. You need class 3 FFL for an automatic, you can't just buy one at a gun shop.

This guy is anti-gun liberal and continues to preach that which is his right, just like it's the right of Americans to have firearms. How about making it harder for you to exercise your right of free speech?

It's hard enough now for lawful citizens to purchase a firearm. Very easy for a crook to illegally purchase one and there is nothing you can do to stop that. Something these anti-gun nuts don't understand or don't care to hear.

Take a look at how many different laws and restriction there are against drugs, how's that working out? There are now more drugs on the streets than ever. New/more laws WILL NOT stop these dirtbags from doing crimes no matter what the political agenda of the president is.

The people who go about things the legal way are mot the people doing these terrible things. Take the firearms away from the good guys and ther will be major problems. The bad guys have the upper hand the way it is. It's a shame but that's how the world works now.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

http://www.feinstein...assault-weapons

Context of the bill Feinstein plans to introduce

NFA status on grandfathered firearms...which means a $200 tax on each one and registration!

• Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    • 120 specifically-named firearms
    • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
    • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

[*]Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:

• Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
    • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
    • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans

[*]Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

[*]Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:

• Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
    • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
    • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons

[*]Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

• Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

"Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds"

This is virtually all .22 rifles. I doubt a bill like this could even get through. What is more likely is a ban on detachable mags > 10 rds. Which I disagree with as well. There's no way to make people register their guns either. Good.

For some reason doug scott, like the liberal media does not seem to understand that "automatic" weapons are not sold to anybody, haven't been since the 80's. You need class 3 FFL for an automatic, you can't just buy one at a gun shop.

This guy is anti-gun liberal and continues to preach that which is his right, just like it's the right of Americans to have firearms. How about making it harder for you to exercise your right of free speech?

It's hard enough now for lawful citizens to purchase a firearm. Very easy for a crook to illegally purchase one and there is nothing you can do to stop that. Something these anti-gun nuts don't understand or don't care to hear.

Take a look at how many different laws and restriction there are against drugs, how's that working out? There are now more drugs on the streets than ever. New/more laws WILL NOT stop these dirtbags from doing crimes no matter what the political agenda of the president is.

The people who go about things the legal way are mot the people doing these terrible things. Take the firearms away from the good guys and ther will be major problems. The bad guys have the upper hand the way it is. It's a shame but that's how the world works now.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

I guess calling me an "anti-gun nut" somehow negates my view on things. If the best you can do is start name calling, then I will simply walk away from this "discussion" after this last post on the subject. Do me a favour, open your mind and read ALL the words this time.

Very easy to make a semi auto rifle into a fully automatic. The one rifle I had experience with required modification to the sear pin to change from semi automatic to automatic. Sure its not legal, never said it was. I think if you read my posts you will find that never said to ban guns, I simply suggested that there is no need for large capacity magazines, and that the only use of an assault rifle is to kill humans. I thought I was quite clear in that. I gave my opinion, explained it fully, gave my reasons as to why I think it will accomplish something, even stating that it will not stop 100%, but may prevent just one from happening.

How many of the mass shootings that have happened in the last 30 years were performed by diagnosed mentally ill people? Were they diagnosed prior to the mass shootings, or after? Were any of them deemed to be a danger to society before committing the act?

I read the link to the article comparing fires to shootings. What the author failed to recognize is fires are predictable, humans are not. And I am not sure about fire laws where he is from, but here all public rooms must have at least two exits, his ideal setup is that classrooms only have one lockable exit.

I hope these bills gain zero traction next week. Or ever. Thankfully gun control is still a hot potato topic so any congressman or senator who likes their job won't support it. Especially since it has nothing to do with magazine capacity or being semi auto.

Also, it is a flat out lie that it is easy to convert something from semi to full auto. AR15 lowers sold to civilians cannot accept the parts required and with most modern firearms it would require a skilled machinist, and they would easily be able to see what the part was if some nut walked into a shop asking about it. Also, I can think of ONE instance where there was a high profile shooting with fully automatic weapons. The left is shooting itself in the foot before they can get anything done- first the idiot on NBC in Washington got ahold of a 30 round AR mag, something illegal in DC, one of our most violent cities. And then some rag out of NY posted a map of all legal pistol owners in two NYC-area counties. That should be illegal.

And the AR15 is by official definition not an assault rifle.

Really? I didn't know that

An assault rifle is capable of automatic fire. The AR15 is not. Another popular lie by the antis is that 'AR' stands for assault rifle. It does not, AR is short for Armalite, the first manufacturer of the rifle.

Fires are predictable? Since when? Last time I checked my pager went off at all hours, day or night. Either way, I am done here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. End of story.

I know I said I was done, but this needs to be cleared up. When I said fires are predictable, I meant they are predictable action wise. Not starting wise. Once a fire starts in a building, you can predict where it will spread just by looking at what is there. A fire will not see you looking at where you think it will go next, and turn around and take a different path. The guy in that video was using all the ways we have protected a building from fire to make the point that making his changes will handle a nut with a gun. Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I meant you can predict where the fire will start. My house has firebreaks in the wall to prevent fire from going up behind the drywall to the next floor, almost like we predicted it would want to do that. Do you understand my point now?

http://www.denverpos...ally-shots-self

I suppose the boy was mental ill? Or the grandfather by leaving the gun accessible to him?

Where do you wanna draw the line who is mental able to own a gun?

You guys should start asking yourself!

Reading the posts scares the shit out of me. I've never seen so much immature blabla! Even from a LEO. Great. I feel much safer now.

Since I've got my share in handling guns I know that one needs training on weapons over and over again.

One needs psychological training too. Not only a mental check!

I really would like to see you guys in a situation when you have to decide to shoot someone or not. Most of you will poop their pants!

Or your wifes and kids. Do they have a key to the gun cabinet? Do they have training for defending themself when you're at work or out of town?

Are you awake 24/7 and have your gun ready at night? Wanna see you running to the gun cabinet fumbling the key and asking the guy in your bedroom to hold on for a second...lol.

What a BS!

I carry a gun! Ho Ho Ho! I'm a man!

That's all what it is about.

so long

j-ten-ner

Archived