Countdown to a new lockdown?

Ideally it would be great to have gun restrictions in place that may save lives and not overly limit law-abiding citizens from exercising their right to own guns. But there in lies the problem. Evil people find a way to do evil things. Not to mention that prevention of crimes can never be measured. No one could ever know how many crimes have been prevented by laws, police presence, etc.

This tragedy shouldn't be cause for heated debate over poorly enforced gun laws. It should however, spawn discussion on how to better secure and protect our schools. Police Officers work secondary employment at banks, churches, and department stores. Refineries and other commercial facilities have armed security. Is the safety of our children not as precious? We are somewhat fortunate in my city to have a school district police department. I would rather depend on physical opposition than a law typed on a piece of paper to protect our kids. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

Most of these terrorists aren't afraid to die, but they do fear failure. They look for victims...not fights.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's all you can come up with?

No wonder that you need to carry a gun (concealed of course) and even make it your profession.

so long

j-ten-ner

Not going to argue with you, that's what you are looking for and it won't happen. Also not going to respond to any more of your negative anti-gun comments because your far left views are quite clear to everyone......So I am evil because as a civilian I exercise my right to carry a gun? If that's how yo ufeel then OK!

Then you go on and take cracks at what I do for a living, that's fine........... Just think about that if you ever have to call 911. The men and women that show up to your emergency call to put their lives on the line for a total stranger like yourself will have guns and are going to protect you no matter what your personal views are of them.

It's easy to look down on any type of LEO but when the time comes, I can tell you with 100% confidence that officers put themselves in danger every day for people like you.

IBTL

"In Before The Lock": An abbreviation posted to a thread on a web-based forum when the poster knows that any rational debate has long since been abandoned, and will shortly be locked by the forum administrator.

Original poster: Welfare is bad!

Second poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're a nazi!

Original poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're an idiot!

Third poster: IBTL!

Admin: I'm locking this thread. Nothing to see here, move along.

Archived