2011 2500HD leveling kit

I stopped by Les Schwab on my way home from work the other day to see how much a leveling kit was for my truck (2011 2500 HD) They informed me that they only make 4 inch or bigger lifts for my truck. They said a 4 inch lift in the front and 0 in the rear would level my truck out. I have done some research and found torsion bar kits and big lifts but I do not want to mess with those. I just want my truck to have an even stance. Anyone come across this or know of leveling kits out there. Thanks for the help and I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years. Cheers!

crank up your factory torsion keys you can probably get it damn close. if not get a set of ready lift torsion keys to level it out. problem solved

This. Don't waste money on an expensive kit if you just want to level it out. And yes, you will need to get the front end re-aligned afterwards...which isn't anything to worry about.

I'm a little confused on this. I've read the factory keys will get it close to level, but I've also read that the ride will suck and to keep the ride quality and travel you need to use the reindexed keys and also do new upper control arms with longer shocks or shock extenders.

okay.. first stop reading the internet or i'll take it away from you. simple thing you can do on your own in the driveway to SEE if you like the ride. measure ride height. jack up front end and put it on jack stands so there's no weight on the front end. (wheels hanging) crawl under there with a 21mm socket on a ratchet. measure the exposed threads as it stands right now on the adjusting bolts. crank them up until they're just about bottomed out. lower truck down. bounce the suspension and go for a drive. do you like the way it looks and drives? if yes go get an alignment. if no then return them back down to the original measured specs.

using the factory keys turned up, or re-indexed keys is THE EXACT SAME THING.

^^^ He's right. Using the re-indexed keys will do the same thing as cranking your stock ones. Either way, you're increasing the tension on the torsion bars...which is going to make it ride more firm than when it was stock. The aftermarket keys only allow you to crank the bars even farther than the stock keys will go....which will make it ride even more firm. The only thing that seems to help is getting longer front shocks or shock extensions...which will keep your shocks from getting maxed out on large bumps due to the increased ride height.

Archived