Weird vibration from rear

I would have to go find the letter and see what it said, I was sure it was recall but went and found it. It does not indicate what it is in the letter, just additional vibration might occur (among other symptoms) and to come in and have it checked. I feel cheated, they are not even calling it a campaign. Perhaps I should write a letter to GM complaining...

The letter says, "... so we are announcing a program to prevent this condition or, if it has occurred, to fix it."

GMC is calling it a program which sounds like lawyer speak that they need to take care of it without admitting too much liability.

When did you get this letter from GM? I have a 2011 Silverado 2500HD and I haven't seen anything yet.

Edited by spitfire

Thanks for the help guys. In the mean time I spoke with my buddy who owns a trans shop. He told me its probably the G80 acting up after being on the highway for a long period of time, and the oil thinning out from heat.

We will see what GM says.

Thanks

??? What??? That doesn't make any sense in my mind. I drove from Alaska to Georgia on a 6300 mile trek with my truck with 50k miles at the time. Original oil in the rear end and the truck was fully loaded (and towing) and driving for 12-14 hours a day. Never had a vibration that came from the rear end. I didn't even change to oil for the first time until about 96k miles and it was still pretty good looking at the time. I personally would want a second opinion of that assessment. No disrespect to your buddy but that sounds a little "off" to me.

Well dealer had it all day today and just got a call that surprisingly he didn't feel it. I'm sooooo surprised. Going to pick it up tonight and go back down there when I have time for him to go for a ride with me. Funny thing is I felt it happen in the parking lot when I dropped it off.

Matt

Edited by mattymax
  • Like 1

Went for a ride today with a friend of mine who knows a good deal about vehicles.

I couldnt get the truck to make the noise/griding unless I drove on the highway and heated up whatever is going bad. Came off an exit and slowly strarted off from a stop on a slight incline with the wheel turned right and it happened.

He beleives the passenger side caliper might be hanging up after the heat get to it. Its more described as a grinding, chatter kind of noise. Once it does it the first time, it does not do it after until you repeat the drive.

Edited by mattymax

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...