Weird vibration from rear

2011 2500HD 14k miles

Noticed after being on the highway with the truck and exiting off. The next turn from let's say a traffic light I get a weird quick vibration from the rear. I've only felt it a few times since I bought my truck used in November. I'm thinking something to do with the rear

What do you guys think ? The bed shakes

Thanks in advance

Matt

Take it back to your dealership and ask the service department to do a test drive with either an advisor or tech as you are driving it so you can duplicate your concern. Let service from there figure out what is wrong, in general service doesn't like it when people recommend what they believe is wrong eventhough you drive your truck every day and know how it acts. Its under warranty so let them diag it and fix.

Edited by demech23
  • Like 1

Take it back to your dealership and ask the service department to do a test drive either an advisor or tech as you are driving it so you can duplicate your concern. Let service from there figure out what is wrong, in general service doesn't like when people recommend what they believe is wrong eventhough you drive your truck every day and know how it acts. Its under warranty so let them diag it and fix.

^^^^ Good advice

Take it back to your dealership and ask the service department to do a test drive with either an advisor or tech as you are driving it so you can duplicate your concern. Let service from there figure out what is wrong, in general service doesn't like it when people recommend what they believe is wrong eventhough you drive your truck every day and know how it acts. Its under warranty so let them diag it and fix.

OMG everyone ,this guy sounds remarkably like me ,,,,,,^^^^^^^^^^^^^what Demetri said X 1000 !!!!

Do you have limited slip rear end? I had this problem as you describe in an 05 HD with limited slip axle and it turned out to be lack of additive in the gear oil.

I do told last week by my local gm service manager that the limited slip axkes come from the factory with synthetic gear oil and also a certain additive in the LS axles. Could be the additive was never added? If your dealer can duplicate the vibration , Im sure they will figure out what it is. Good luck.

There is a recall on the 2011 2500HDs regarding the rear end. Make sure they check that while you have it there.

do you mean a bulletin ?,,recalls are for safety issues ,,,now called campaigns since 1856 lol

do you mean a bulletin ?,,recalls are for safety issues ,,,now called campaigns since 1856 lol

I would have to go find the letter and see what it said, I was sure it was recall but went and found it. It does not indicate what it is in the letter, just additional vibration might occur (among other symptoms) and to come in and have it checked. I feel cheated, they are not even calling it a campaign. Perhaps I should write a letter to GM complaining...

The letter says, "... so we are announcing a program to prevent this condition or, if it has occurred, to fix it."

GMC is calling it a program which sounds like lawyer speak that they need to take care of it without admitting too much liability.

Thanks for the help guys. In the mean time I spoke with my buddy who owns a trans shop. He told me its probably the G80 acting up after being on the highway for a long period of time, and the oil thinning out from heat.

We will see what GM says.

Thanks