problems with a suspension lift

Well I thought I had my mind set on either a 4 or 6" suspension lift. However, after talking with a friend of mine today, I may be looking more at doing just a 3" body lift. My buddy was told by someone that suspension lifts will likely cause premature failure on some front end components like the ball joints, stabilizer bar, control arm, etc. Are you guys familiar with this, or have any of y'all experienced any problems with suspension lifts? I heard that I could buy heavy duty front end components that would help with the extra strain brought about by the suspension lift. I recently saw a truck similar body style like mine (2006 Silverado) with a 3" body lift with 33s on it, and it looked pretty good. After all, I know the suspension lift is the true way to lift a truck, but since I am not doing any off-roading other than going in the woods when I go to my hunting camp, maybe the body lift is the way to go. Any of you have body lifts and would care to provide feedback? Any problems with them? Thanks.

If you buy a kit like the ranch 4 inch lift kit or a fabtech kits it will be fine but the cheap 6 to 800 dollar kit will give you problems. The higher end kits come with taller spindle to be able to keep your suspension in the same geometry preventing unesseary wear and tear. The cheap kits rely on jacking your upper control arm all the way out limiting you ability to properly align the truck as well as wheel clearance.

If you buy a kit like the ranch 4 inch lift kit or a fabtech kits it will be fine but the cheap 6 to 800 dollar kit will give you problems. The higher end kits come with taller spindle to be able to keep your suspension in the same geometry preventing unesseary wear and tear. The cheap kits rely on jacking your upper control arm all the way out limiting you ability to properly align the truck as well as wheel clearance.

What are some higher end kits (either 4 or 6") that you'd recommend? I'm trying to not spend much more than the price of the RCX. I've looked at Pro Comp and Zone also, and they are about $1400-1550 (6" lift). Are you familiar with these manufacturers? How much would that Rancho 4" kit run?

I've always liked the rancho and fabtec kits. The only thing I do not like is the read blocks but I would rather have a local shop build me leaf springs than order them

I just got a 7" full throttle lift which is a full 7" differential drop rather than a partial drop and then drank. But my kit runs 3600

With RCX you might as well get a 4" because their 6" only drops the differential 4" meaning you have to crank the torsion bars up another two to be level with the rear

Sent from your truck via Tapatalk

Archived