Active noise cancellation?

The option to pick a 6.2 is now up on the Canadian web site, one of the things specs pops up when you pick it is "Active noise cancellation" it's not a feature with the 5.3, does anyone have any idea what it is or how it works?

The option to pick a 6.2 is now up on the Canadian web site, one of the things specs pops up when you pick it is "Active noise cancellation" it's not a feature with the 5.3, does anyone have any idea what it is or how it works?

Thanks for the heads up on the 6.2 being avail in Canada. It's either a mistake offering it this early or a sign that it will be available before the "Fall 2013" date.

Looks like the default gears are 3:42 for the 6.2 with 3:73 as an option. Same as GMT 900 options....

post-50150-0-09218300-1373049727_thumb.jpg

Computer uses speakers to send frequencies throughout the cabin to basically trick you into hearing nothing but quiet-ness lol.

Interesting, they started using that technique 30 years ago in Britain on large truck, however the speakers were external and designed to reduce the noise of the trucks while travelling through small villiages, worked pretty well if I remember correctly, the speakers product an inverse wave that counteracts the sound of the vehicle.

Interesting re use of an older technology, seems GM is thinking

Computer uses speakers to send frequencies throughout the cabin to basically trick you into hearing nothing but quiet-ness lol.

Interesting, they started using that technique 30 years ago in Britain on large truck, however the speakers were external and designed to reduce the noise of the trucks while travelling through small villiages, worked pretty well if I remember correctly, the speakers product an inverse wave that counteracts the sound of the vehicle.

Interesting re use of an older technology, seems GM is thinking

Sound cancellation/modification is seeing heavy use now. VW, Ford and even BMW all use it to one degree or another among others I'm sure.

• 4 months later...

How much difference does this make in the real world in terms of canceling noise?

And do you guys know if this is a possible add on AFTER the truck is built or does it have to be added during factory production?

Since it is just with the 6.2, my guess is it is for the AFM now added to the 6.2. As the 6.2 has a more aggressive exhaust note and AFM may cause an unwanted tone with out the NC?

Archived