Seat squeaking?

On my 14 Silverado SLT the front left part of the bottom cushion squeaks. It is like the whole corner of the seat moves up and down too much. Took it to the dealer and they said it was normal. Anyone else have this issue?

search is your friend:

On my 14 Silverado SLT the front left part of the bottom cushion squeaks. It is like the whole corner of the seat moves up and down too much. Took it to the dealer and they said it was normal. Anyone else have this issue?

Search? ???several threads here already

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/154219-relentless-seat-issues/

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152662-any-new-2014-silverado-owners-having-issues-with-their-truck/page-17

Yes, mine does almost the same thing. It moves and shifts around, but so far (knock on wood), I haven't heard a squeak. My whole driver side seat shifts around as well and I plan to get that addressed.

These appear to be the whole seat moving and yes I have searched. This is just the left front corner only..

did you check the seat on any of the 2014's they had on the lot? That is what I did to prove it was not normal!

The dealer said they checked other vehicles on the lot and that it is normal. I am going to have to go back and bring it in again..

It's not normal. Mine did it also. There is a plastic clip under the front corner that holds the cushin on its frame. The clip doesn't always hold the ways it's supposed to. My dealer ordered some clamp that tightens the clip, I haven't had any issues since. In the short term if you pull up on the last corner and adjust the stock clip, the seat will temporarily stop moving and squeaking.

It's not normal. Mine did it also. There is a plastic clip under the front corner that holds the cushin on its frame. The clip doesn't always hold the ways it's supposed to. My dealer ordered some clamp that tightens the clip, I haven't had any issues since. In the short term if you pull up on the last corner and adjust the stock clip, the seat will temporarily stop moving and squeaking.

Interesting. I talked to the service the manager and he said that is what leather seats do. I told him about the clip and he said he was going to check on it and call me tomorrow. Hopefully it is just a simple clip..

jay15892,

I understand that you are unhappy with the squeaking noise coming from your seat and that you are seeking to resolve this concern with your preferred dealership. I would like to look into this concern for you. Please private message me referencing this thread including your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

jay15892,

I understand that you are unhappy with the squeaking noise coming from your seat and that you are seeking to resolve this concern with your preferred dealership. I would like to look into this concern for you. Please private message me referencing this thread including your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Thank you Jennifer. I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealer and they are confident they can fix it. If not I will message you..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...