Needs help pickin on new rifle & handgun.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:M16: "Misfire Issues?" What have you been reading? The Remington 700 is the most reliable center-fire rifle ever made! The reason they have been the US snipers rifle of choice is because they go bang every time! "They" only get one chance! :flag:

:M16: I would prefer the Colt over the Springfield. The Colt 04860XSE is a very nice piece. With a 4.25" barrel and a aluminum frame, this gun has all the features in a 27 ounce comfortable carry package! Very similar to my Kimber except for the round heel, which I like in a carry gun. As for buying the Remington or any firearm, I would recomend buying from a good dealer. I don't buy anything at Wal-Mart! I live in Wytheville, "Gods" country! :flag:

I think I'm gonna get that 1911 from Colt, all Stainless Steel or what? Sounds like a real good deal. Since you live you less than 2 hours away from me, where do you buy your guns at? I live in Richlands.

I know the odds of having it happen are slim. Just something to consider. Whatever rifle you get, don't use Remington ammo. Hornady is a lot better.

Thanks man, I keep that in mind.

:M16: That 04860XSE Colt has a stainless barrel and slide, with an aluminum frame. Similar to my Kimber. That is why it is only 27 ounces! I mainly deal with New River Sports in Draper and New Era - Shooters Supply here in Wytheville. I also buy and sell some guns on GunBroker.com I just purchased a new FNH-SLP tactical shotgun on GunBroker today! I usually buy on GunBroker when my local dealer can't locate the gun I want. Colts are hard to get. Dealers all over the country sell and buy on GunBroker.com. I have always gotten good results from them. You can check out the dealer's history before you buy. The gun I purchased today is coming from GA. Hope this helps. :flag:

:M16: That 04860XSE Colt has a stainless barrel and slide, with an aluminum frame. Similar to my Kimber. That is why it is only 27 ounces! I mainly deal with New River Sports in Draper and New Era - Shooters Supply here in Wytheville. I also buy and sell some guns on GunBroker.com I just purchased a new FNH-SLP tactical shotgun on GunBroker today! I usually buy on GunBroker when my local dealer can't locate the gun I want. Colts are hard to get. Dealers all over the country sell and buy on GunBroker.com. I have always gotten good results from them. You can check out the dealer's history before you buy. The gun I purchased today is coming from GA. Hope this helps. :flag:

Just a having a hard time to decide what I want. To get that Colt you mentioned or get a Kimber, Sig, or Springfield.

Might just get the Colt. Colts have better resale value? Heard Kimber & Sig, about same money but better gun?

Archived