Is the 25 mile MPG supposed to auto reset?

Truck13

From the manual (to display what information pages are shown)

DIC Info Page Options
The info pages on the DIC can be
turned on or off through the
Settings menu.
1. Press o to access the cluster
applications.
2. Press w or x to scroll to the
Settings application.
3. Press V to enter the
Settings menu.
4. Scroll to Info Pages and
press p.
5. Press w or x to move through
the list of possible information
displays.

The left and right arrows didn't copy from the PDF (hence "w" or "x")
6. Press V while an item is
highlighted to select or deselect
that item. When an item is
selected, a checkmark will
appear next to it.

He has a Denali guys. The little 4x3 screen in the LTZ and SLT and lower models is not the same as what he has. The the whole dash between the speedo and the tach is a screen on his truck. It's customizable and it has digital gauges as pictured not the old needle on a dial type like we have.

Can we get someone with a denali to make a video of the denali instrument cluster. I cant seem to find a video to see what all is on there.

Here you go. I didn't speak through it, but you can see pretty much all of the options. The truck is in my garage so I didn't turn it on. That is why the nav shows nothing, no radio stations, my phone is not connected (in the house) and the SD/Ipod are not registered since I didn't start it.

http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/myunes1/media/IMG_3147_zpsa7e72d82.mp4.html

That is certainly different the the SLT i just recently purchased - (after reading this I went out and checked all the menus - on the dash, not the steering wheel [maybe there's something there - just didn't check]).

One thing I DID notice was that there is a screen (on the dashboard control panel) stating an "open source software" notification. I have seen another thread (somewhere) about wanting to do some changing to the screens/backgrounds and, there was a link to the open source software website. Don't know if this would provide the type of info needed to do or explore that, but it WAS there - a web address. I can post it if anyone wants it.

In addition, I found I CAN download the dash configuration to a usb drive to save for . . . . maybe future use(?) or, who knows, just to have all the "custom" configurations saved - I don't know.

nothing at the open source site for the trucks as of yet that I saw the comparison page can be turned on by going to the information screen scrolling down to the screen with the i in a circle and go to the right and see which pages are and are not enabled (checked)

Do you guys have it figured out? If not I can try and post a video... Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have it turned on, (see video). Problem is, after last fill up, it reset. I'm not sure why.

• 4 weeks later...

I've driven my Denali 600 miles and immediately put it on 25 mile MPG setting. Several times I have looked at it and it will have no best 25 mile MPG. Do you have to keep it on the screen or does it reset automatically?

FYI, for other Denali owners who may be experiencing this. See this thread.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156722-dash-info-screen-randomly-resets-all-settings/

Its specific to the Denali's only and the custom 8" in dash screen they have. The things in common are 1) the dashboard theme resets to "standard" if you have it on "tech" or "media" theme 2) the 25/50/400 MPG best milage will reset 3) this has been seen occur just prior to using the "remote starter" on the truck.

Archived