we have an Expected Ship month!

• 4 weeks later...

From St. Louis Post-Dispatch

June 27, 2014 2:19 pm

General Motors announced Thursday that it was on schedule to begin production of the new mid-size Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups in Wentzville this fall. This came after the arrival of 5.7 million pounds of stamping press components to its assembly plant.

When completed, the new press in Wentzville will produce about 50 different steel body panels and can produce as many as 3,000 parts in an eight-hour shift. The new stamping press will be operational in early 2015, giving the plant increased production capability and more flexibility to produce different vehicles, said Dave Baldridge, the plant’s communications manager.

GM will continue to produce the heavy duty Express and Savana vans, Baldridge said, but will discontinue manufacturing of the light-duty versions of those vans sometime in July because of a lack of demand.

GM said in a news release that building the trucks in Wentzville preserved and created 1,260 jobs at the plant. The steel stamping facility expansion will add 55 new jobs to that number. In total, the plant employs 2,400 workers.

LINK

• 3 weeks later...

There is a picture floating around the internet with a vehicle hauler - trailer - with all new Chevrolets and on that trailer was one new Colorado.

Not sure of the validity of that picture.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a picture floating around the internet with a vehicle hauler - trailer - with all new Chevrolets and on that trailer was one new Colorado.

Not sure of the validity of that picture.

My dealer said they were able to order one and will have it within 15 days. Kinda excited to see it

• 4 weeks later...

It probably is using the door wire harness from the LaCrosse, the headlight wire harness from the Aveo, the Transmission seals from the full size, and ignition from the Cobalt/Camaro, etc :lol:

it was the DRL Module that went south on the 2004-2008s, the 2009-2011s (mine is a 2010!) are pretty much UNTOUCHED by the Recent Rash of Recalls (Knocks on Wood)

Maybe it's because I'm in Michigan, but I've seen a bunch of em around. Just yesterday saw a crew cab full of kayaks and camping gear. Parked next to an extended cab a few months ago in my silverado... still a small truck. Jmo

Maybe it's because I'm in Michigan, but I've seen a bunch of em around. Just yesterday saw a crew cab full of kayaks and camping gear. Parked next to an extended cab a few months ago in my silverado... still a small truck. Jmo

Mid August - 2014

Automotive News lists productions figures every week in publication.

Zero production of Chevrolet Colorado. Zero Production GMC Canyon.

Still seeing them. Helps I'm in Michigan right near proving grounds. Hell I see the AU version of the Trailblazer on occasion and first spotted the Colorado almost 2 years ago.

Archived