Tow Hook Surround Trim

Has anyone swapped their plastic gray front tow hook surround trim with the chrome Denali trim? Could you provide a part number for the Chrome Denali trim piece? The more I look at the gray, I don't like it.

post-126659-0-22841200-1393781437_thumb.jpg

Has anyone swapped their plastic gray front tow hook surround trim with the chrome Denali trim? Could you provide a part number for the Chrome Denali trim piece? The more I look at the gray, I don't like it.[/quote

I have been wanting the chrome trim pieces also but can't seem to find them. Already installed the Denali grill need to finish off with these.

• Like 1

Thanks blockhead...I am not talking about the tow hooks themselves though....I am talking about the bezel around them. The Denali has a chrome one and the SLE/SLT's are gray plastic....I'm not sure if it would be cosnidered the "lower grill" or not.

I would also like the trim but for the 2014 silverado. Mine didn't come with hooks so it has that area closed and I already order the hooks haha. I might have to go home made and just cut enough for the hook

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

Edited by NitroDatsik

My tow hooks came in, question.

My truck didn't come with tow hooks so it doesn't have the opening, I don't mind cutting enough to show the hook. Do I need to remove the bumper to install them?

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

Edited by NitroDatsik

My tow hooks came in, question. My truck didn't come with tow hooks so it doesn't have the opening, I don't mind cutting enough to show the hook. Do I need to remove the bumper to install them? Wicked Galaxy Note 3

Yes & No.. there are two methods to install. Make sure you completely read this topic before proceeding: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152847-towrecovery-hooks/

That's what I will do then. I talked to my dealer and they will get back to me about the trim piece. According to them only 4x4 come with the hooks and trim.

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

Someone with a 2014 silverado with the tow hooks and trim, can I get your Vin number. Gmpartsonline.com want me to check with someone that has that part from factory so they can check I will be getting the correct part.

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

My dealership got back to me. Supposedly is not just a trim piece that can be removed from the bumper and install the new trim. They didn't say it was a bumper replacement either. They don't have a specific part number just for the trim. They gave me this number 22944812 and they said it requires about 4 hours of labor and total would be $305.74. Since I'm cheap haha I will just install my hooks, cut enough for them to be visible and sand down the plastic for a clean edge.

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

Edited by NitroDatsik

My dealership got back to me. Supposedly is not just a trim piece that can be removed from the bumper and install the new trim. They didn't say it was a bumper replacement either. They don't have a specific part number just for the trim. They gave me this number 22944812 and they said it requires about 4 hours of labor and total would be $305.74. Since I'm cheap haha I will just install my hooks, cut enough for them to be visible and sand down the plastic for a clean edge. Wicked Galaxy Note 3

I had to replace the trim piece and the black plastic behind it. I think you need that because it has holes for the hooks. I replaced mine the same as stock cause I messed the front one up. I can find the part numbers for you when I get home. I have the silver front trim piece...

The install process is very simple.

That whole thing where they need a vin number, tell the guy to grab on off the lot. Find a truck you like and use theirs.

I also just noticed you're in Houston also. I think my old back piece behind it is still good; if it is you can have it. I'll check on that later too. I probably wont find out till I get home from work on Wednesday.

My dealership got back to me. Supposedly is not just a trim piece that can be removed from the bumper and install the new trim. They didn't say it was a bumper replacement either. They don't have a specific part number just for the trim. They gave me this number 22944812 and they said it requires about 4 hours of labor and total would be $305.74. Since I'm cheap haha I will just install my hooks, cut enough for them to be visible and sand down the plastic for a clean edge. Wicked Galaxy Note 3

I had to replace the trim piece and the black plastic behind it. I think you need that because it has holes for the hooks. I replaced mine the same as stock cause I messed the front one up. I can find the part numbers for you when I get home. I have the silver front trim piece...

The install process is very simple.

That whole thing where they need a vin number, tell the guy to grab on off the lot. Find a truck you like and use theirs.

I also just noticed you're in Houston also. I think my old back piece behind it is still good; if it is you can have it. I'll check on that later too. I probably wont find out till I get home from work on Wednesday.

awesome, yea im in houston. Let me know

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

• 2 weeks later...

My truck will also have the gray surround. Truck is an AT, and the front bumper will match the paint, which is black. Anyone "painted" the surround? I think having it black would look much better then the gray.