LOCALOUTLAW

Tow Hook Surround Trim

Tried that part number in all my searches and nothing came up for 22944812,

The trim that comes on the z71 package is ugly grey thing , I want the chrome one and cant find the part # for either.

As soon as I get the new one I will post my old one FS for those who want the tow hook knock outs

For the 2014 Silverado:

22944881 is the black filler piece with the holes for tow hooks

22944882 is the chrome (plastic) piece

11rw5qb.jpg

2lselw1.jpg

I havent installed these yet...there are a couple of screws that are almost impossible to get to without having to take of the front bumper.

Edited by -Wood-

Thanks for the part #, Real cheap, but like you said if you need to take the whole bumper off then Idk if I want that task. I can live with the holes I cut on mine for now.

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

Edited by NitroDatsik

My truck will also have the gray surround. Truck is an AT, and the front bumper will match the paint, which is black. Anyone "painted" the surround? I think having it black would look much better then the gray

Yeah I plasti-dipped my gray surround black. I did it in place, way to complicated to remove, easier just to mask, although that in itself took awhile. I have a black truck, the surround looks so much better black. There was no other gray like that on the entire truck and it looked really out of place.

• Like 1

THx for the part#s, if you figure out a easy way without taking of the bumper let us know lol

Yeah I plasti-dipped my gray surround black. I did it in place, way to complicated to remove, easier just to mask, although that in itself took awhile. I have a black truck, the surround looks so much better black. There was no other gray like that on the entire truck and it looked really out of place.

How does plasti-dip hold up? Any pics?

I painted mine white(body color) that grey was ugly.

I ordered both parts.

I don't know for sure if I can get the old one off and the new one on without taking the bumper off.

There are a couple of screws way up in there.

I am almost certain I can't get them back with the bumper on.

I can't believe how many bolts hold this thing in place.

When I get my parts I am probably going to have a body shop install them.

I have my right knee out of whack (awaiting surgery to fix) and can't get down under the truck without some serious pain.

Anyone have directions on remove and replace?

Thanks

Randall

Tucson, AZ

Edited by randalldavis

I saw a brown Sierra SLT yesterday with the black surround plastics instead of grey! It was an old man driving with temp tags still on, so I know it wasn't a mod job. WTF GM!?!

Edited by MotoMedic

How does plasti-dip hold up? Any pics?

It's new to me but so far fine, according to the internet it holds up great. 3 coats of dip and 2 coats of the glossifier:

066.jpg

059.jpg

I agree, much better look, im annoyed that I ordered the top of the line double cab ltz 2lz z71 and they could have done a better job dressing up the Z71 grille and surround

What type of paint should I use to cover plastic? Looking for black.

Edited by MotoMedic
  • Like 1

Had a bedliner put in yesterday so I went ahead and let them put these parts on for me

15wo2g3.jpg

25kmlv5.jpg

Edited by -Wood-
  • Like 1

I bought the same part, havent looked at it yet, can you remount the front plate holder without drilling any holes in it?