Tow Hook Surround Trim

I bought the same part, havent looked at it yet, can you remount the front plate holder without drilling any holes in it?

unfortunately not....i am going to leave it off for a while and hopefully not get pulled over haha

For the 2014 Silverado:

22944881 is the black filler piece with the holes for tow hooks

22944882 is the chrome (plastic) piece

I bought both of these pieces from an online retailer and they will not fit together.

I took them to the Chevy dealer's body shop and to a 3rd party body shop and both places could not get the chrome plate to fit into the new back plastic filler piece nor into my existing black plastic backing that the hooks fit through(not exactly sure what it is called).

I really want to replace my ugly gray with chrome but I have not been able to get one that fits.

I have actually purchased two of the chrome parts from different online dealers.

The clips on the chrome parts are too thick and will not slide in far enough to clip into place.

Do these online dealers have different parts than the local dealer?

They say oem parts and they come with an GM emblem on them and what looks like an oem sticker on the packing, but they will not fit.

I haven't bought one from the local dealer yet, but I would if I knew it would fit.

I post this in hopes someone has a solution.

Also, does anyone have a part number for the little metal clips that hold the chrome piece on each corner of the chrome plate and the center of the black filler piece to the bumper?

I lost one in all of this trial-n-fit fun I have had this last week.

I was thinking of cutting the little clips off and see if that would allow the chrome piece to fit into the back black filler piece.

Thanks Randall

I bought both of these pieces from an online retailer and they will not fit together.

I took them to the Chevy dealer's body shop and to a 3rd party body shop and both places could not get the chrome plate to fit into the new back plastic filler piece nor into my existing black plastic backing that the hooks fit through(not exactly sure what it is called).

I really want to replace my ugly gray with chrome but I have not been able to get one that fits.

I have actually purchased two of the chrome parts from different online dealers.

The clips on the chrome parts are too thick and will not slide in far enough to clip into place.

Do these online dealers have different parts than the local dealer?

They say oem parts and they come with an GM emblem on them and what looks like an oem sticker on the packing, but they will not fit.

I haven't bought one from the local dealer yet, but I would if I knew it would fit.

I post this in hopes someone has a solution.

Also, does anyone have a part number for the little metal clips that hold the chrome piece on each corner of the chrome plate and the center of the black filler piece to the bumper?

I lost one in all of this trial-n-fit fun I have had this last week.

I was thinking of cutting the little clips off and see if that would allow the chrome piece to fit into the back black filler piece.

Thanks Randall

i had the same problem trying to get these 2 pieces to fit together......i will say i just left both of them with the guys that did the install and they got them together.....i am going to call them again tomorrow to potentially have more work done so i will ask them how they did it

i had the same problem trying to get these 2 pieces to fit together......i will say i just left both of them with the guys that did the install and they got them together.....i am going to call them again tomorrow to potentially have more work done so i will ask them how they did it

Were you able to find out how they got them to bolt together?

I am thinking of cutting a few posts off the Chrome plate and using a dremmel tool to take a little off the rest of the tabs, at least until they will fit into the back piece.

That has got to be how they did it???

Thanks

Randall

Were you able to find out how they got them to bolt together?

I am thinking of cutting a few posts off the Chrome plate and using a dremmel tool to take a little off the rest of the tabs, at least until they will fit into the back piece.

That has got to be how they did it???

Thanks

Randall

I spoke to one of the guys that put it on for me and he said it just took some work getting them to snap together but they didnt have to do any cutting

Thanks for the info, I just got done working on mine.

I finally got mine to fit together.

I filed a little off of each chrome clip until it fit. Not too bad.

What It looks like is GM took pieces that fit and chromed them, thus making them too thick.

Thanks

Randall

• 2 weeks later...

Installed mine today , took off bottom bolts and clip on each side, pushed bottom tabs and it popped out.

Getting in to snap back in was a bi*tch, defineitly 2 people, I pushed from the back off tow hook trim while my buddy pushed top of new piece in from front, :smash: took a few trys and sentence enhancers but no modification needed to do it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For the 2014 Silverado:

22944881 is the black filler piece with the holes for tow hooks

22944882 is the chrome (plastic) piece

11rw5qb.jpg

2lselw1.jpg

I havent installed these yet...there are a couple of screws that are almost impossible to get to without having to take of the front bumper.

Do you have the part number for the Z71 version of this? I don't need the black filler piece just the chrome (gray/pewter on the z71) plastic piece.

• Like 2

Do you have the part number for the Z71 version of this? I don't need the black filler piece just the chrome (gray/pewter on the z71) plastic piece.

i sold mine on ebay, there was no 8 digit part number on it, but it did have a part number of anh67903 on it, dont know it it helps any

IMG 0323

i sold mine on ebay, there was no 8 digit part number on it, but it did have a part number of anh67903 on it, dont know it it helps any

Thanks. I'll see if I can find that on the GM website.

I couldn't find it with that part number. I'm just going to drop by the dealer later today and get more ordering details. Thanks

• 1 month later...

can anybody give me step by step instructions on how to remove the plastic piece and install the chrome piece? i bought the chrome piece from my dealer today and began to install it this evening but i didnt know what screws, bolts, etc to remove. does the old piece just pop out and will the chrome piece go in its place or is there another part i will have to buy for it to snap into? thanks everyone.

• 2 months later...