Bed Cargo tie downs

I don't have my truck yet but have been wondering what type (if any) of cargo tie downs come standard with a sierra denali?
I'm used to my tundra that has sliding cargo tie down points that are adjustable. I looked when ordering to see if there were any options for something like this and didn't find any. I assumed that there must be some kind of tie down points in the bed but am thinking maybe there are not.
Does anyone know of a link or photo to see what the standard bed tie down situation looks like? Are there options for tie down points from the factory?
Its one of those things you don't think of initially but the other day I realized how often I use the tie downs in my truck and how nice it is to be able to slide them to where I need them. I took for granted that this type of system may not be considered a standard feature in all trucks. Now I'm concerned I'll have nothing to use or wont be able to get something after the fact.

Any comments are appreciated.

Have a Double Cab SLT - 4 bottom tiedown rings in truck with 9 upper access holes to utilize the GM removable tiedown rings. If you install a plastic bed liner make sure it has the 9 upper access holes already cut out in the bedliner. My dealer had to cut mine out of the liner and they did not match up correctly - even when cut out to match access holes the GM removable tiedown rings were going to be next to impossible to remove. I had the dealer remove the plastic bedliner and install a Sprayin liner and put in the GM rubber bed mat. I then got Bulldog retractable tiedown rings and installed on the 4 upper corners - I kept the plastic access hole plugs installed when the liner sprayed in and then just cut out the 4 corners (just be sure to cut on the plastic plug to avoid scratching the paint). Sprayin liner with the bed mat and the Bulldog rings is the best solution in my opinion. My old truck had the upper tiedowns on top of the bed rail - could not do on top of the rail with the SLT and Rollup Bed cover.

I then got Bulldog retractable tiedown rings and installed on the 4 upper corners

How do you like the Bullrings? I am thinking of picking up a few pairs.

Thanks Andy

See the tie down points in this bed picture. They are the black covers in the upper part of the bed. There are also 4 permanent anchors, one in each bottom corner.

post-106333-139740753988_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How do you like the Bullrings? I am thinking of picking up a few pairs.

Thanks Andy

Retractable Bullrings work great - have them in the 4 corners. I like that they retract and will not snag bags of stuff going in the bed like the GM removable tiedown rings will if you do not remove them. Had the Retractable Bullrings on the top of the bed rail on my 2004 Sierra HD Duramax and used them a lot hauling large cargo and could not use the bottom tiedown rings. They had a sale on the Bullrings for the new pickups - like buy six and get two free - maybe good for a friend as I would not utilize all those tiedowns - just need the 4 corners.

As always, much thanks for the info. Being out of the GM world for many years I took for granted how many things I was just accustomed to having without even needing to think about it. Luckily thus far, everything I missed can be easily added after the fact. I'd be bummed if I missed something that was required to be ordered initially. Those bull rings look like they will work well. going to order a bunch tonight.

I bought 2 pair of the Bullring retractable tie downs and had them installed when I had LineX sprayed in. The sprayer took care to make certain he didn't spray the liner too thick in the 9 tie down hole areas.

http://www.bullringusa.com/shop/retractable-tie-down-chevy-bullet/

The Web site has an excellent video on installing these tie downs. Bullring also has excellent customer support if you need/want to talk with them.

• 1 month later...

Actually nothing that fancy, marked out for a 1" x 4" hole 1" in from the edge. Drilled 4 holes, ran a

jigsaw around it. Cleaned it up a little with a rasp, painted her and called it good.

Archived