Brand New Yukon XL Back to dealer, again. Liftgate Pop

We just bought a white 2015 LTZ in early March and we are experiencing a similar issue. Door opens most of the way, then pops, then reverses. It nearly closed on my wife!

My suburban was built in 2015, so you would have thought that GM would have resolved this issue by now. When we called the local dealer to schedule service, we were told that they were very busy due to spring break and to call back Monday. When we asked if they had seen or heard of the problem, the guy said he had no idea and we would just have to bring it in.

We are leaving tomorrow for a spring break camping trip...what a headache it will be to camp with the broken lift-gate!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mark from NJ said:

I have a 2015 Yukon XL, my liftgate only opens halfway when using the remote, when you hit the button again it closes. If I want it open all the way I have to lift it manually. Any suggestions or solutions. 

Mark from NJ

Don't those have an adjustable opening feature, like 3/4 up in the console?  If I remember right, it's in the manual and can be adjusted.

6 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Don't those have an adjustable opening feature, like 3/4 up in the console?  If I remember right, it's in the manual and can be adjusted.

Yes it does, I have it on max and it still opens halfway 

6 hours ago, swathdiver said: