Brand New Yukon XL Back to dealer, again. Liftgate Pop

Follow-up:

GM's complaint line answer: there is nothing we can do. I asked, I will need to take it to work and will open it about 30 times a day and it might break if I force it to open. GM answer: No problem if it breaks it is under warranty... It is ashamed that it needs to break before it gets fixed !

Yesterday I picked up the truck from service where they have done nothing because the truck liftgate showed no sign of defect. As soon as they brought it out it had happend in front of them and they continued to say that they have no bulletin...WOW

Here is the video I took today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzOZE4YagDY&feature=youtu.be

Speechless....

Hi Froggy,

Can I be of assistance? I understand that you are frustrated with your current vehicle situation and that you are unhappy with the service you have received from GM. I am more than happy to look into this concern and reach out to your involved dealership to ensure that we are utilizing all of our resources to resolve this issue you are experiencing with your 2015 Suburban. Could you please private message me including your full name, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership? I would like to create a case to document your concern.

Thank you,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

• 2 weeks later...

Ok....The truck was back at Serra Buick-GMC-Cadillac in Washington, MI for another six days and they waited AGAIN for them to observe the liftgate defect. GM told them to take the shims out from the spoiler and for them it worked....they called, told us it is ready and fixed and went back to get the truck, got it home and NOT WORKING. See video.

NOT ONLY that but the entire tailgate - liftgate is getting loose, twisting and it slams shut when it closes. Does not work properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36HF37SkSwk&feature=youtu.be

• 3 weeks later...

Ok....The truck was back at Serra Buick-GMC-Cadillac in Washington, MI for another six days and they waited AGAIN for them to observe the liftgate defect. GM told them to take the shims out from the spoiler and for them it worked....they called, told us it is ready and fixed and went back to get the truck, got it home and NOT WORKING. See video.

NOT ONLY that but the entire tailgate - liftgate is getting loose, twisting and it slams shut when it closes. Does not work properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36HF37SkSwk&feature=youtu.be

This is insane! You can literally see the spoiler deforming when it binds against the roof in your video. It amazes me that this problem perplexes them. Great techs they have!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am also having this problem. I bought mine in April and it has done it several times. Dealership cannot make it happen for them.

Please help me find a solution. It makes a loud pop then continues to open.

I am also having trouble with drivers seat moving when stopping, starting, or turning.

I am also having trouble with a scrubbing noise in the steering wheel. Seems to be in afternoon when hot. more turning to the right.

Of course the dealership did not find anything.

Edited by tracy crow

FWIW My new Tahoe must have conquered the problem so far no issues with the liftgate in any mode...It arrived this week...fuel trim error well thats something else.

fingered crossed XXXXX

Edited by Rteefact

• 2 weeks later...

Insane!!!! Do service guys not do their own troubleshooting anymore!! The videos clearly show the problem!

Guess they sit and wait for GM to tell them what to do so the service department gets that warranty payment.

Seriously, ridiculous!

I am experiencing the same issue as of today on my 2015 black LTZ Tahoe. Just dropped it off at the dealership in Costa Mesa, CA, and the service manager was completely surprised to see I had the EXACT same issue as the black Suburban in front of me in the service line. Two black cars, same dealership with this issue within the HOUR.

This is completely unacceptable for a brand new $70k SUV in my opinion, and I seriously hope GM jumps on this issue ASAP. I will keep everyone posted on what they say/do.

Why should GM jump on this ASAP? Apparently people keep buying these vehicles at outrageously inflated prices, even though the quality has gone to crap. When they stop buying them, GM will get their act together or go under.Only the customers have the power to put a stop to this.

Edited by pm26

Hello everyone,

I understand that some of you may have a concern regarding your new vehicle. I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues. I am happy to assist and work with your dealership to ensure that we are utilizing all of our resources to resolve these issue. Please private message me if I can be of further assistance.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

....well that is a rather disingenuous response (typical) from customer service. Among the fundamental issues is we are not customers of General Motors. We are customers of the Dealer, who, in turn, is the customer of GM operating under some rather strict constraints. So basically, if you have a problem with your vehicle, GM tosses the problem over the transom to the Dealer to resolve...even if that problem was caused by or is the fault of GM! You'd think that might work but since there is a real serious failure to communicate (equally) to the dealer community, the dealer is handcuffed. The dealer's ability to work through the issues with GM will be directly related to dealer size and volume. If you live in a small market, you're effectively toast. All GM CAC can do is say "sorry" or "apologize" (they really aren't sorry...it's their job to say that) and as quickly as possible dump it off on someone else (like the dealer). Follow up? Nah ... unless you contact CAC again. And again. And again. I think they learned this from the airlines ... if you drag it out long enough the flight will depart...problem solved. CAC doesn't call back. You can send emails. You can call and leave voice mail and never get a response (and if you do it is "sorry") and never get forward progress. If you do actually speak with someone (or with the GM Regional employee with the dealer), what happens at the end of the conversation? "hey...it was that guy again [laughter]". Don't think so? I witnessed and overheard just exactly that. Poor sod just trying to resolve an issue he was promised would be resolved. I guess they didn't tell him how many years that would take.

Edited by Anon2015