Magnacharger not impressed

I got to drive a magnacharged escalade last night, i was expecting a lot more performance from a blown truck. I was expecting it to feel more like my c6 or a flashed duramax. It really doesnt feel like it pulls all that hard to me.

I have one on my 03,denali and it's night and day. I do have a aftermarket cam, headers, and smaller pulley for about 7.5lbs of boost, but that 6.2 escalade should still pull hard. If the blower isn't seated right on the heads it will blow boost out the gasket. Or maybe the tune was off. Either way it should haul

Could be the power delivery too. I know my friends tunned cummins dodge dually feels like it hits harder because of the turbo, but my truck is actually quicker in the 1/4 by a good margin

Could be the power delivery too. I know my friends tunned cummins dodge dually feels like it hits harder because of the turbo, but my truck is actually quicker in the 1/4 by a good margin

I'm guessing something in the tune or they are running very little boost. I have a Magnacharger on my 2007 6.0 with a Black Bear tune. I'm running 7.8lbs of boost and making right at 500hp at the wheels. It runs very hard FOR A TRUCK THAT WEIGHS ALMOST 6000lbs. It will out run my dads bully dog tuned duramax.

But, even with making around 600hp my power to weight ratio isn't going to out run a vette.

I could pulley down and boost the crap out of it though and make a lot more power, but at that point I would want a turbo anyway.

I ran it again tonight with all traction control off and stabilitrac off made a big difference. From a dead stop its definately snappy, I expected more pull from it just never driven one so wasnt sure how they run. It seems doggy to me from a roll on like it should have the tq to lug a gear where instead it downshifts. Likely it is in the tune. Id still like to try a magnacharger on my 5.3 though. Im pretty sure our 2013 duramax with the edge 81 hp tune is faster than this sc escalade.

I have a 2008 Silverado with a 5.3 and a Roush supercharger (basically the same thing as a Maggie) with a Blackbear tune. Had it Dyno'd last week and got 400 hp with 450 ft lb of torque. I think it that's pretty impressive, to say the least, and I absolutely love it....!!!

Archived