Silverado owners who like woodgrain trim inserts

I would like to know if anyone would like to swap their aluminum door trim pieces for my woodgrain ones provided that all can be removed without any damage ?? Anyone know how to take em off correctly ?

I think he already has wood grain, and is looking for the brushed aluminum?

I think he already has wood grain, and is looking for the brushed aluminum?

Correct !! I would prefer the brushed aluminum to match the dash area.

Yeah, I don't know why they did that. I like the brushed aluminum, don't like the wood grain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like the brushed aluminum best, and they are in the dash, but the doors have wood grain in the GMC's I've seen, with the exception of the All Terrain with carbon fiber.

When it comes to wood grain, I do think the SLE darker wood looks a little better than the lighter on the SLT. Would still prefer the brushed aluminum to match the dash.

Exactly what trim levels on the Chevy's have the brushed aluminum? LT? LT1? LT2? LTZ? What do they put into the GMC SE trim level? Sorry, haven't paid much attention to the others, once I decided what I wanted.

I'm just thankful that GMC didn't put the wood grain in the dash. I can live with it in the doors, if I have to, I guess.

I'm pretty sure the brushed aluminum interior accents are part of the Z71 package. My truck is a 2LT and has the brushed aluminum, thankfully.

When I was shopping for my truck, some of the salesman didn't even know there was a difference. One salesman told me they all had wood grain. I walked him out and showed him a Z71 equipped truck with the brushed aluminum and he was shocked. I knew that I wanted the brushed aluminum so I made sure to get a Z71.

th_20140319_145432.jpg

th_20140319_145422.jpg

Chevrolet uses "Synthesis" on LT trucks, "Reverse Tartan" on Z71. LTZ's all use wood I believe. Synthesis matches most trucks trim around the radio. Some use "black" or "high country".

Chevrolet uses "Synthesis" on LT trucks, "Reverse Tartan" on Z71. LTZ's all use wood I believe. Synthesis matches most trucks trim around the radio. Some use "black" or "high country".

So the two pics i posted above, are "Reverse Tartan" then? My truck is a LT Z71 (2LT).

So how much would a set of the brushed aluminum ones would cost from the dealer ?? I am afraid to ask

Afraid for good reason.....

the front door trim pcs run about $45 each, $90 for the set.

the rear door trim pcs run about $35 each, $70 for the set.

the center console has 2 pcs, which come in a set for $165.

Thats about $325 total, just for the trim pcs.

Here are the part numbers for the Chevy Z71 trim pcs. referrred to as Reverse Tartan above.

LF 22837151
RF 22837142
LR 22837193
RR 22837184
console 22995085
I'm not positive, but I think the trim is just secured with 3M automotive adhesive.

• 5 months later...

I would like to know if anyone would like to swap their aluminum door trim pieces for my woodgrain ones provided that all can be removed without any damage ?? Anyone know how to take em off correctly ?

So how do they come off? I'll just repaint my woodgrain ones. Just need to know if they just pop off.

Took mine off yesterday... they have plastic clips towards top(which I broke since I wasn't sure), and metal pop clips on bottom. If you pry from bottom you should be ok. I was able to use fingers to pry from bottom although a panel tool or flathead screw driver might help.

Took mine off yesterday... they have plastic clips towards top(which I broke since I wasn't sure), and metal pop clips on bottom. If you pry from bottom you should be ok. I was able to use fingers to pry from bottom although a panel tool or flathead screw driver might help.

All of them work the same? (i.e. pop clips from bottom) Front door, rear door and center console?

Archived