2015 Colorado and Canyon offer Segment-Leading Fuel Economy

I thought the same thing when I saw the numbers. I bet the 4.3 would have been just as good on gas....and probably would have been more enjoyable to drive because it's actually designed to be a truck engine. I was hoping for 27-28 mpg highway with the V6 and close to 30 highway with the four banger.

I think everyone was hoping we'd get the 4.3 in the Colorado since it really is the best n/a v6 engine for trucks/suvs out there right now.

I read somewhere it wouldn't fit in the bay, but I have a feeling it was a "we'll get 1mpg more out of the 3.6 + we use it in every other vehicle in the company" argument. Which is a shame because these new mid-size trucks look like winners pretty much across the board otherwise.

Are you considering buying one? The diesel version will undoubtedly be the mpg king.

You need to remember these are EPA estimates. YMMV.

I owned a 2013 Equinox FWD with the 3.6 for one year. I easily beat both city and highway ratings. Which ironically has the same EPA rating as the C/C 3.6 4X4. Low to mid 20's around town and over 30 highway if I kept the speed down around 65. Not saying these numbers will be matched by the C/C but I'd bet they will be close for some.

Yes, I've considered buying one for my daily driver, and then getting an older 2500HD for actual 'truck stuff'. That's good to know about your Equinox. Maybe real world driving will be better than the EPA numbers on the Colorado as well. And, I agree that the diesel version will be the best MPG.....I just hope it doesn't cost like $5000 grand more for that option.

I think everyone was hoping we'd get the 4.3 in the Colorado since it really is the best n/a v6 engine for trucks/suvs out there right now.

I read somewhere it wouldn't fit in the bay, but I have a feeling it was a "we'll get 1mpg more out of the 3.6 + we use it in every other vehicle in the company" argument. Which is a shame because these new mid-size trucks look like winners pretty much across the board otherwise.

I agree. Surely it would have fit under the hood....but who knows...

IMO V6's have always been over rated for gas mileage. Ford mechanic friend of mine says the same of the Eco-boost. They have a lot of customers that are pissed that there new Ford trucks are not getting as advertised.

Like others have said, I will wait for the diesel version of the Colorado / Canyon!

Archived