Unlocked Door Anti Lock Out

When on, this feature will keep the

driver door from locking when the

door is open and the key is in the

ignition. If Off is selected, the

Delayed Door Lock menu will be

available.

Select On or Off.

This feature forces the driver to use the fob to lock the door and not leave the keys behind. You can still lock the doors from the passenger side by pressing the door switch. This is in the vehicle settings menu and how I set mine up.

Hey Tutiii,

To add on to what Jullian is not my name quoted from the owner's manual, on page 5-48 you'll find this:

Passive Door Lock
This feature can be turned on or off,
or can be used to select feedback
when using the button on the driver
door to lock the vehicle. See
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
System Operation on page 2-3.
Select Off, On with Horn
Chirp, or On.

I understand the issue occurs when the key is in your hand and not the ignition. Hopefully the manual is able to help resolve this for you. Post an update when you get the chance.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

Lock rod will not over ride, if you push it down it comes back up. Unless you change the setting the FOB is the only way to secure vehicle.

Milo's iPhone

Must be something new. I have been pushing the door button by the window to lock mine since day 1. The salesmen showed that to me when I was taking a test drive. I only use the fob to unlock the truck or remote start it.. Mine was built August of 2013.

New vehicles nowadays have some strange features. For example, my brother's Infinity G37 has keyless pushbutton ignition. When the engine is running, you cannot unlock the trunk with the remote, presumably to protect the driver from inadvertently opening the trunk by someone playing with the remote while driving. The remote must be inside the vehicle to start the car using the pushbutton.

Hitting the lock on the driver side door. if I hit the lock and try to shut the door the truck "unlocks" before I can shut the door

that is the automatic unlock the doors when you put it in park thing and yes you can turn it off.

go into the radio controls and in the menu you will find an entry for the auto unlock feature, I turned mine off so it doesn't unlock the doors as soon as I park in a bad area. so nice of GM to help make it easier to be carjacked in a running truck as soon as you put it in park to check the map, fix your makeup if you are a woman, or whatever.

be advised when you start the truck it locks you in and that you cant turn off so when you want to get out you will have to hit the unlock button or pull the handle twice, once unlocks the door and the second time it opens for you

Archived