'15 Denali and iPhone 6 and text messages

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hector,

Sorry for the difficulty having your text show up on the screen. It's good to see other members on the forum to provide their input and advice. In addition, feel free to reach out to Infotainment Customer Support if you have questions in the future. They're a great resource for vehicle technology related concerns. They can be contacted at (855) 478-7767.

Regards,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

The assistance people get from others on the forum by far exceeds anything CAC has done for anyone.

On the truck, once you have already connected your device to it via Bluetooth, you have to set the Text Alerts to On.

If you have SMS Text on your truck, you will see it at the home screen (unless you have edited your icons) and you will click on it.

attachicon.gifPhoto Nov 25, 8 05 47 AM.jpg

That will open up the SMS screen, click on the Settings at the far right and make sure that Text Alerts are set to ON.

attachicon.gifPhoto Nov 25, 8 05 32 AM.jpg

I hope this helps you out.

On a side note, i just figured out how to add the thumbnails to the post! Whoo hahaha, I will edit my previous post with that too, if I can.

Got it working great to receive, and read me the texts but now I am not able to send any texts from the truck.

Ideas?

H

Got it working great to receive, and read me the texts but now I am not able to send any texts from the truck.

Ideas?

H

I am having the same problem. I called infotainment customer support (thank you GM customer service that covers these boards). They said the send feature does not work with iPhones, only Android. I can understand this as Apple is very restrictive on the use of their API's.

Maybe Apple will permit it on a future release of IOS.

I am having the same problem. I called infotainment customer support (thank you GM customer service that covers these boards). They said the send feature does not work with iPhones, only Android. I can understand this as Apple is very restrictive on the use of their API's.

Maybe Apple will permit it on a future release of IOS.

Im pretty sure my friend can receive and send texts from his Iphone in his brand new Tundra via voice and radio. Its not an Apple issue.

Can you please confirm with your friend? That would be good to know. Thanks.

Just confirmed and he said he can send and receive text via the radio while driving. He has iphone for what's it worth.

Let's hope GM will send out a patch we can have done that will fix this for the '14's

It is NOT an Apple issue (from Apple). It is a choice GM made in their implementation of the BlueTooth profile. [The folk I spoke with at Apple, were not exactly happy to be "blamed" for something which is not their problem.]

EDIT: If you want this to work on iPhones, anyone thinking they are being treated as second class because they picked iOS rather than Android will have to bang on GM's door, and the dealers' doors, to get this resolved.

• 3 months later...

My 2014 SLT did not have the TEXT icon, and the 2015.5 Denali I bought last Thursday does, so it's either a 2015 issue or a Denali issue or both.

If you want to send a text message with an iphone on a 2015, you must push and hold the talk button on the steering wheel and use siri to do it. Apple blocked the ability to use the predefined reply messages (this is an apple thing, not a GM thing... it will work as expected with an android phone)

Archived