Boosted L83/L86's - Who's Got One?

FoD

On 12/31/2014 at 4:58 AM, FoD said:

I'm waiting on word if the 6.2L Heads will bolt on without issue on the 5.3L. If they do, I'll be swapping to those and the 6.2L intake, ProCharge it, with smaller pulley, add Headers and Corsa...should yield 460+ at the wheels @ 7-8 PSI.

Different bore sizes, they won't bolt up. You could stroke it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 10:55 PM, K4GIXXER1K said:

I have 2015 Sierra crew cab z71 4wd made 508hp to the tire and around 587ft on 8lbs of boost with meth inj lt4 fuel pump e85 made about the same with out meth and around 9.8lbs of boost turning it up soon looking for 550-600 whp well it’s already turned up to 12 lol but haven’t been back on the dyno! 

64D11296-4E55-484D-ACF2-99BA0F0AD229.jpeg

What turbo setup/brand are you running? I'm about to pull the trigger on a kit. Really want a turbo, but almost considering a whipple due to the simplicity tuning wise.  Did you install a 2 pc drive shaft?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 12:04 AM, K4GIXXER1K said:

On 3 turbo  kit 76mm billet wheel lt4 fuel pump

Did they give you a base tune or did you go straight to a dyno for a tune? And did you do the driveshaft upgrade since the original self destructs at 110mph?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2017 crew cab Z71 with the 6.2L. The biggest drawback is my stock compression is 10.5:1 which is not good for boost. I chose twin screw (Whipple 2.9L) over centrifugal because I knew torque was my number one goal. Hennessey Performance turned it into a Goliath 650. Ported the heads, deleted AFM and VVT. New cam, lifters and pushrods. New air intake system. Borla cat back touring exhaust. Dyno tuned and street tuned for drivability. 93 Octane gas.

521 Horse and 549 torque at the rear wheels.

20210714_141730.heic

Edited by jrmcswain

21 minutes ago, jrmcswain said:

I had a custom driveshaft made 5" x .125" thick. Added Wilwood Aero6 calipers in the front and Aero4 calipers in the back.

Cool mods! Can we get pics?
Seems quite interesting!

Did they give you a base tune or did you go straight to a dyno for a tune? And did you do the driveshaft upgrade since the original self destructs at 110mph?

Ky Speed did the work. Bluecat tuned it. no driveshaft upgrade shes been over 130 numerous times! Hi locked it from a dig multiple times, i go through a gallon of meth a week lol, raced alot of new mustangs and old but  none tuned on E85 i heard they do good. but i have beat every srt 392 challenger, charger auto and stick ive come across. i give it a hard time its holding strong.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 9:05 PM, K4GIXXER1K said:

Ky Speed did the work. Bluecat tuned it. no driveshaft upgrade shes been over 130 numerous times! Hi locked it from a dig multiple times, i go through a gallon of meth a week lol, raced alot of new mustangs and old but  none tuned on E85 i heard they do good. but i have beat every srt 392 challenger, charger auto and stick ive come across. i give it a hard time its holding strong.

I'm gonna be doing a turbo build here soon. Do you mind PMing me so I can get a bit of info off your build towards mine? It wont let me PM for some reason not sure why.